A Silly, Little Project involving Butterflies

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TheUnholyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
So I was playing on Unleashed, streaming over Skype to my gf when she saw a butterfly roaming around the screen. She asked if I could catch it. I replied, "Yes, I could if I wanted to." She then pestered me to catch it until I finally gave in and picked it up. I figured that since she likes watching me play so much that I'd make a "small" butterfly house so she could enjoy them when I occasionally stopped in there.

Little did I know that I had created a monster. Every time I came across a butterfly, she'd constantly ask/beg/plead/demand me to go get it. Thankfully, I had a few projects at the time that were processing-heavy that I could leave to go out and chase down the butterflies. I have 3 Personal Anchors running to keep the area around my digs loaded, so they don't despawn. This is the result so far:

Double-door "airlock" to keep butterflies from escaping.

Exterior Shot from the ground.

Power Suit Hover Shot

Inside. Trees are a bit "mangled" from my Walnut Experiment.

Inside from above. There's probably close to 30+ butterflies in here.

Figured I'd share this with the community. Enjoy :D

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
y'know, creepers love things like this. they just want to blow it up and see all your hard work just fly away into the setting sunset