A rather arbitrary discourse of the upcoming IE Expert Skyblock

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
WHY???
Those "disgusting" recipes are custom added by the pack team, not the mod dev.
They could be speaking of the mods vanilla recipes. Spiteful made sure that the recipies where as obscene as possible. It's a pisstake at mods that add broken ass fuck items and justifying it by making it cost a lot of resources.
The main crafts of the base mod is invincibility armor and fast unbreakable tools, each requireing millions of items. Requirements each more innane then the last. I also think the costs are dynamic too so the more mods it detects the more varied the requirements.

It's a pisstake mod where the only potentially useful item is the direcrafting table.
I'd like to one day see a pack where everything is made from the dire crafting table. But not to make it harder just for the sake of 9x9 crafting.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I wonder whats the big deal with skyblocks. I played Agrarian skies and found it to be a tad boring grinding and sifting cobble until you get to a point where you can automate it.
Then you are left with an empty world to get bored in. Agrarian skies2 tried to remedy this with some custom buildings with quests but it was a little lacking. At least you have a really blank canvas fir building.

Id like to see a sky block that is a little less empty. A few sparce islands in the distance, when I say sparce I mean sparce the nearest one should look like a dot on your view assuming your view distance goes that far. Id also like to see ore generate as floating chunks. Maybe those new dense ore mod ore deposits distributed sparcely around the world like 200-500 blocks apart. None of this hammer sifting business.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
They could be speaking of the mods vanilla recipes. Spiteful made sure that the recipies where as obscene as possible. It's a pisstake at mods that add broken ass fuck items and justifying it by making it cost a lot of resources.
The main crafts of the base mod is invincibility armor and fast unbreakable tools, each requireing millions of items. Requirements each more innane then the last. I also think the costs are dynamic too so the more mods it detects the more varied the requirements.

It's a pisstake mod where the only potentially useful item is the direcrafting table.
I'd like to one day see a pack where everything is made from the dire crafting table. But not to make it harder just for the sake of 9x9 crafting.

The fact that you're treating Avarita like a legit mod will probably make @SpitefulFox kinda pissed off at you.

Tl;Dr, Avarita is supposed to be a joke, parodying the whole notion of "end-game".

Reactions: Lethosos

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I wonder whats the big deal with skyblocks. I played Agrarian skies and found it to be a tad boring grinding and sifting cobble until you get to a point where you can automate it.
Then you are left with an empty world to get bored in. Agrarian skies2 tried to remedy this with some custom buildings with quests but it was a little lacking. At least you have a really blank canvas fir building.

Id like to see a sky block that is a little less empty. A few sparce islands in the distance, when I say sparce I mean sparce the nearest one should look like a dot on your view assuming your view distance goes that far. Id also like to see ore generate as floating chunks. Maybe those new dense ore mod ore deposits distributed sparcely around the world like 200-500 blocks apart. None of this hammer sifting business.

As I mentioned above, you could create such a world by fiddling with the COFHcore .json files. Given a bit of research and a touch of trial and error, you can make some very interesting things happen to world gen, including what you have mentioned and more.

I found this post by @Gideonseymour to be quite inspiring: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/cofh-core-ores-and-more.87151

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that you're treating Avarita like a legit mod will probably make @SpitefulFox kinda pissed off at you.

Tl;Dr, Avarita is supposed to be a joke, parodying the whole notion of "end-game".
Who are you speaking to? Are you referring to me? Because I know it's a piss take on OP mods. It says so in my comments.

Im fully aware that it's not a legit mod. If spiteful is pissed at me it's going to be something totally un related.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019

It's still legitimately a bad mod. I went out of my way to make it as awful as possible. I never know how to feel when people really hate or really like the mod.

"I love this mod."
"WHY?! THIS IS TERRIBLE. But thank you?"

"I hate this mod."
"Well, yeah. This mod is terrible. Screw you too, though?"

Edit: Also, no need to tag me in response to people talking smack about my mods? I really prefer not to see people's bashing like that. ._.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
It's still legitimately a bad mod. I went out of my way to make it as awful as possible. I never know how to feel when people really hate or really like the mod.

"I love this mod."
"WHY?! THIS IS TERRIBLE. But thank you?"

"I hate this mod."
"Well, yeah. This mod is terrible. Screw you too, though?"

Edit: Also, no need to tag me in response to people talking smack about my mods? I really prefer not to see people's bashing like that. ._.
Heh, well like it or lump it, you created a useful new tool for making endgame material more interesting. Excessive and understandably unbalanced doesn't really matter when you're at the stage where literally everything else has basically become infinite.

Most will never touch it. Some will delight in getting to set up systems to automate the supplies for all of the crazy.

In the end, it's still just a tool for enhancing the really late game. For that, be happy, you unbalanced lunatic. :D

Im talking about the mod itself
Just the idea a 9x9 Crafting table is needed

Let me offer a brief rundown of what it provides in Expert Mode. Keep in mind this is off the top of my head without having personally attempted to put everything together in order to accomplish such crafting. I am sure I'll get something wrong somewhere and missing several things because I haven't seen it in a while.

~~~~~

So let's say you want to make a Thermal Expansion Creative Tank for some infinite liquid...

Among a great deal of other items I'm not recalling, you'll need to get IC2 plutonium in large quantities. These can only be obtained (to my knowledge) by actively using up uranium in an IC2 reactor. Which requires a lot of time per piece as you generate power.

You need the plutonium because it takes one for every bedrockium ingot from Extra Utils.

You need a pile of those ingots to make bedrockium drums.

You need several of the drums to make Creative Energy Cells.

You need (I think) at least 4 TE Creative Energy Cells to make a single TE Creative Tank.

Oh, and if that isn't enough, you can use the TE Creative Tank in a Thaumcraft infusion altar recipe requiring something like 40 high tier items at the same time and turn it into a Botania item called The Guilty Pool for infinite mana, too.

~~~~~

The point isn't to make sense or have any balance. It's to provide excessively crazy stuff an excuse!

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Im Playing a self made skyblock expert Mode
But theres no way to get the electrotine from project red.. But i need It :(
How can i add It to ex nihilo? Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Im Playing a self made skyblock expert Mode
But theres no way to get the electrotine from project red.. But i need It :(
How can i add It to ex nihilo? Thanks!

mods.exnihilo.Sieve.addRecipe(x, y, z);
Where x is the MineTweaker value of the block you want to sieve to get electrotine, y is the MineTweaker value of electrotine, and z is the denominator of a fraction (1/x) which defines the percentage of the time you get electrotine. If you put 50, you would get electrotine 1/50th of the time. If you put 3, you get electrotine 1/3 of the time.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
mods.exnihilo.Sieve.addRecipe(x, y, z);
Where x is the MineTweaker value of the block you want to sieve to get electrotine, y is the MineTweaker value of electrotine, and z is the denominator of a fraction (1/x) which defines the percentage of the time you get electrotine. If you put 50, you would get electrotine 1/50th of the time. If you put 3, you get electrotine 1/3 of the time.
So Ive never used minetweaker before..
Could u explain that for a noob? :(