A question about ores...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

lwCoyote

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all

I just started playing with FTB recently, and am wondering on the distribution of ores; specifically, copper, which seems very uncommon compared to straight up IC2 and Technic. Is it meant to be that way, or do I need to change something somewhere?

Also, is Apatite only used in making fertilizer? if so it seems a bit of a waste for such a pretty gem ^_^

Thanks!

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
Fertilizer seems the only use of Apatite as far as I can tell. not so bothered about its looks vs its use, more concerned with its quantity... just how much fertilizer do I need?

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
I believe fertiliser is only used to make humus for a Forresrty tree farm. However, I believe there is another way get fertiliser without apatite but I don't remember what it is (still fairly new to forrestry).

lwCoyote

Jul 29, 2019
Saltpeter and sand combine for fertilizer as well. So Im guessing no one is sure on the question about copper?

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
It may be a density change in the latest version of IC? Technic is several versions old, and I doubt the FTB team changed the ore densities, so it must be a change in IC2 itself, or just a bad seed...

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I have about 2 to 3 times more copper than Tin. By which I mean that even after all of the things I've crafted, including tons of advanced alloy and plenty of circuits using tons of cables, I am sitting on 6 stacks of copper ingots, and at least that many ores I haven't bothered to macerate yet.

This is with only about 2 full size quarries.

1 quarry is in Extreme Hills Overworld, the other is in a Mystcraft Checkered Desert and Plains.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The TL;DR version is this:

IC2 is not handling tin/copper ore generation in FTB by default. Forestry is. This results in a different spread of materials - and in my opinion, a more balanced spread, since when playing with IC2 ore generation I always need to build extra chests for the express purpose of storing unneeded copper and tin, while being short on everything else.

lwCoyote

Jul 29, 2019
Omicron > Ahh, ok. That would also explain why copper ore looks differently as well. Thanks!

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
For making humus or bog earth, you can use mulch with dirt/sand in a carpenter. (mulch you get from wheat in a moistener or squeezing apples). (a single wheat farm will be enough for multiple farms;

organicpower.png

I'm not sure of the exact balance, but I added a few more tree farms and peat bogs without running out of mulch.

I think you can also use ash for fertilizer (the infernal bee branch is very useful for this).

I normally use apatite to get me going, but unless you're constantly mining there's the chance you could run out.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
If you find it annyoing just change the filter at the bottom of the page thats what i did to see oldest first!

Well, please change it back, that's not how forums work. Read the rules, fool. Or rather, stop trying to troll.

Note to self: stop feeding those pesky bastards.

Reactions: RedBoss