A problem starting in Tinker's Construct (1.7.10)

Zermox

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what the problem could possibly be, but as of 1.7.10 (version 1.8.5 of the mod), I can no longer create wooden pickaxe heads through this mod. The only options presented to me through the stencil are Stone, Flint, Obsidian, and Netherrack. Stone can't be made into a pickaxe as it is for smelting purposes only, obsidian and netherrack are unobtainable as this is a brand new world, and flint is currently obtainable for me specifically for an unknown reason. I have broken well over 500 blocks of gravel and have yet to obtain a single piece of flint. So as it currently stands, I can not possibly make a pickaxe or start my adventure. Can anyone explain any of this to me? Is there a config file that I need to enter to allow myself to make a wooden pickaxe head?

Last edited:

Sulhythal

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds like you have Iguana's Tinker's Tweaks. That SHOULD add a recipe to craft flint out of gravel blocks, instead of them dropping when broken, if I recall correctly. If you do NOT have Iguana's...I dunno what to tell you.

Zermox

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you kind sir or madam. My father told me this 10 seconds ago. Have a wonderful day.