A not so simple question..

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Birch_Tree

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm playing on a multiplayer server with the latest version of FTB Ultimate. I'm currently in the process of building a large edpower tunnel bore mining machine. The problem with this though is that I believe it will produce a lot of stress on the server. To avoid the community being lagged out I want a system that will emit a redstone signal if there's at least 1 player logged in.

I was thinking of getting a computercraft computer to view the server web-page and check to see the server fullness there but I have no idea how to do that.

Anybody got any ideas?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Not really possible and even still depending on the size of this build and the servers hardware you can still end up crashing the server.

Large frames setups in a public SMP servers should just not be done.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
the only thing I can recommend with this is, build two 7x7 tunnel bores, one centering at y12, and the other centering at y40.
This doesn't produce much if any lag, and gives you a decent amount of resources

I think that's basically the only solution to your problem

Chaosoul

Jul 29, 2019
If your server has chunkloaders only on online mode you could just place wireless redstone things at everyone's bases. Not a perfect solution but meh.