A mouse

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I had a wireless mouse once, it was fucking awful. Especially as both me and my sister got the mouse and keyboard at the same time that happened to be running on the same frequency :/

Reactions: Mash

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I had a wireless mouse once, it was fucking awful. Especially as both me and my sister got the mouse and keyboard at the same time that happened to be running on the same frequency :/

Yeah, it's just... bleh.

I thought the convenience of less wires would make up for the random interference, but I was very wrong.

I think unless you're willing to put down a higher-than-average amount of money for wireless equipment, it's probably not going to be worth it.

My biggest problem is that I like having thumb buttons. Most thumb-button mice I find are wirelsss. It's frustrating.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Razer have wired mouses with thumb buttons. Mine has six buttons, and two buttons under the scroll wheel.

Reactions: Mash

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I have a laptop and a spare keyboard with some fancy feature keys. If I had the manual I would likely use the special functions to control my music.
Then again, I have two laptops in here. I play Minecraft on my "good" one and play my music on my "bad" one.
Truth be told, they both are pieces of shit and I should get a desktop again, but I use the terms "good" and "bad" here not to describe the how useful they are but how modern they are. My "good" one doesn't work without a HDMI cable connected to a secondary screen, my "bad" one is dated as all hell but works fine until you unplug the power cord in which case it shuts down instantly as the battery is just a decoration at this point.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Not a popular choice, but I use Logitech Trackball M570, and have for years. Note I use the one with the marble ball controlled by your thumb, not the fingers - that latter one sucks dog taint.

They work great with laptops, since they actually work... in your lap.

I use this as well, and would recommend it. It's great when working in cramped areas as you only need enough room for the trackball footprint and not any extra space to move in.

DWLooney

Jul 29, 2019
The one I've been using for about a year now is the logitech g500.
At 50$, it isn't too overpriced, and is everything you expect in a gaming mouse. (I bought it because it was the cheapest one that had adjustable sensitivity buttons :) )
Note that it is corded, so take that into account

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Razer have wired mouses with thumb buttons. Mine has six buttons, and two buttons under the scroll wheel.

My thumb isn't nearly dainty enough to work six buttons, but I may look at Razer plural-mouse next time I'm browsing. Most of them were a little above my budget before, but I think I can chip in for one now.

Two buttons would probably be best for me.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man, I ain't the only one that loves the mouse of mead.

I mean, it's freakin amazing.

"how amazing?" Amazing.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
I use a Logitech Trackman Wheel or a Logitech G9x. Just make sure you get one right for your hand size.

Gerhard

Jul 29, 2019
I have a Logitech G600 as a product of my MMO gaming and it's integrated into the rest of my games almost seamlessly. In DotA 2, I use the buttons for my items. In Minecraft, a button corresponds with a slot on my main bar, so by keeping my bar organized, I've managed to fit into a system where each button almost always correlates with a certain feature (1 Pickaxe, 2 Shovel, 3 Sword, 4 Axe / Other tool, 5 Bucket, 6 Torches, etc.) and I can easily switch between them with just my thumb without having to always look at the bar.

If you're big on video games and/or play a lot of games that have bindings on the number keys (or that you could bind to the number keys) such as hotkey MMOs, (A)RTS games, and potentially Minecraft (if you use the number keys for your bar), I recommend one of these. It's similar to the Razer Naga but I've heard Razers typically have problems after about a year of wear and tear.

One of these is going to run you a big fat price tag though, so if you aren't going to be extensively using the features, just pick yourself up a cheap Logitech - Logitech hardware is durable, long-lasting, and comfortable to use.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I have a Logitech G600 as a product of my MMO gaming and it's integrated into the rest of my games almost seamlessly. In DotA 2, I use the buttons for my items. In Minecraft, a button corresponds with a slot on my main bar, so by keeping my bar organized, I've managed to fit into a system where each button almost always correlates with a certain feature (1 Pickaxe, 2 Shovel, 3 Sword, 4 Axe / Other tool, 5 Bucket, 6 Torches, etc.) and I can easily switch between them with just my thumb without having to always look at the bar.

If you're big on video games and/or play a lot of games that have bindings on the number keys (or that you could bind to the number keys) such as hotkey MMOs, (A)RTS games, and potentially Minecraft (if you use the number keys for your bar), I recommend one of these. It's similar to the Razer Naga but I've heard Razers typically have problems after about a year of wear and tear.

One of these is going to run you a big fat price tag though, so if you aren't going to be extensively using the features, just pick yourself up a cheap Logitech - Logitech hardware is durable, long-lasting, and comfortable to use.
I just want that mouse