A mouse

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
So I recently got myself a brand new laptop, and I've been playing minecraft without a mouse for a while while i've been saving up for a mouse. I'm just wondering if any of you guys could reccomend me a mouse to buy for playing FTB

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Not a popular choice, but I use Logitech Trackball M570, and have for years. Note I use the one with the marble ball controlled by your thumb, not the fingers - that latter one sucks dog taint.

They work great with laptops, since they actually work... in your lap.

Reactions: netmc

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
my mouse cost €10.. As long as it has 2 buttons, a scroll wheel and a USB wire, I'm happy. Oh and not so small as to give me handcramp... I have pretty big hands

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Overpriced, OverHyped, but I love my RAT 7. RAT 9 is the same but wireless. Totally adjustable, but might be out of budget, a really nice mouse could run you upwards of $50, or in the case of the RAT series, for like $100.

Don't forgot to pick up a good mousepad as well. I picked one of the Razer Goliath mats, its like 6 feet across, covers my whole desk width.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I use the 'taint' one described above.

Track ball since forever. Don't need to move the mouse around at all, just the ball on the mouse.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I buy marked down wired USB mouses when I need a new mouse. Nowadays damn near every mouse has the same basic features(two buttons, scroll wheel which works as a button as well), so I just get something cheap and that works.
If you find a good store you can sometimes get old POS gear that actually works just fine for very good prices.(I got a mouse which lasted me three years for five bucks CAD at a "mom and pop" computer equipment store)

I used to use wireless stuff, but the amount of batteries I was going through was insane(and despite the cost, no one was willing to shell out for rechargeable batteries), so I just use wired stuff now.

ISun

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to buy a gaming mouse for minecraft, it's not even a proper game... to be honest minecraft as itself is a joke, it's just a sandbox, the survival is dumb as hell.
Just get whatever suits you (as long as it have mouse-wheel). minecraft has nothing to do with mouse features.

Bloodfrost

Jul 29, 2019
Everyones right, u should of just bought a nice mouse that doesnt hurt your hand, where i live u can get one for 5-10 bucks... THEN you should save up for one...

Personally there's 2 things to consider... do you bring your laptop around with you? or is it pretty stationary...

If you bring it around with you a lot? prolly get one of thos mice that "work on any surface" ... they're meh? but its super nice to be able to use it on anything
If you don't i'd pick up a logitech mouse of some sort as thats waht i personally use... but Razer is darn good too.

But honestly, most ppl are right, just get a mouse with 2 buttons and thats all minecraft really needs... my suggestions are assuming you do other things.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to buy a gaming mouse for minecraft, it's not even a proper game... to be honest minecraft as itself is a joke, it's just a sandbox, the survival is dumb as hell.
Just get whatever suits you (as long as it have mouse-wheel). minecraft has nothing to do with mouse features.
the fuck has that got to do with getting a mouse? Did you just see an opportunity to get your "dumb as hell" opinion out that no one gives a shit about?

Reactions: YX33A

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
If you are mobile, pick Razer Orochi, otherwise buy a Razer Naga and control your life with a mouse

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I love my Razer DeathAdder. Very nice sliding, perfect sensor, adjustable DPI. I also play many FPS games, so i enjoy the fine control that it gives me. The Logitech G400 is also a pretty good one, but i enjoy the way the Razer feels in my hand much better.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
So I recently got myself a brand new laptop, and I've been playing minecraft without a mouse for a while while i've been saving up for a mouse. I'm just wondering if any of you guys could reccomend me a mouse to buy for playing FTB

Logitech recently made one for MMOs that has a bunch of thumb buttons that can be used for your hotbar. Also the triggers in the left and right buttons are really high quality so they should last a long time for games that are click heavy such as Minecraft. I have one and love it.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I use a Logitech wireless mouse.

Really beginning to re-think my choice on a wireless mouse, though. For Minecraft it's fine, but I play Tribes, too...