A lot of oil spawned in my world.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics will do this just fine for you, I think. Or at least it should. Never tried something like that.

Also, Ars Magica has a durability repair block. I am sure you can do the math, so to speak, on that. :D

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Minecraft, the only place where burning a oil spill actually cleans up the environment

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
WmnUzis.jpg

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea.. Never going to use those tables ever again now.. Xycraft fabs and AE rules! Oh and I'm still not going after petroleum even with those oil rich biomes. Simple you'll having to pump this crap by hand. Ethanol will be the way to goes. Just gotta get tree breeding and ho run charcoal and creosote powered HP boilers. (despite the fact the stupid solid fireboxes are nerfed now too..)

CovertJaguar

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't most of the non-stacking items come from IC2 (and GregTech) with coolant cells, etc? Sounds like this change is an attempt to pull away from playing nice with those mods. Just seems strange to remove a useful function of pulling from inventories and using non-stackable items.

It was removed because the design of the table was not really well suited for such items. The old code was basically broken and filled with dupe bugs. Fixing it properly would have turned it into a carbon copy of the Advanced Crafting Table (laser table) and rendered a really cool mechanic even more useless than it already was (lasers!). Now, both the AWB and ACT have their niche and the code is massively simpler that it was (read as "easier to maintain and fix bugs so we have more time to add new toys to the mod").

The old code was just so much of a hack, it had to go. The new code and design is simpler, more robust, and more compatible with other mods.

Reactions: BanzaiBlitz

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't you check the changelog for BuldCraft 3.6.0? That's intended. Some sort of oil biome.
Draining as much oil as you can and building a base where the (intersected) oil spawns were seems fun.

Is that in 1.4.7? Or is it 1.5+?

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Is that in 1.4.7? Or is it 1.5+?
I think its 1.5.2 but don't quote me on it I would have to go and look. Either way I want to find this biome and become an oil baron then I will create massive refineries and hire the local villagers to work my refineries at dirt pay with no benefits and no days off!