A little too much mob essence?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

dylanpdx

Jul 29, 2019
What should I do with all this mob essence, besides using it to spawn more mobs, or piping it into a void pipe?

mobE.png

I Know you can use the auto-enchanter and auto-anvil, but I don't have that many tools that need to be repaired/enchanted.

Is there any way I can convert it to something useful? (ie. Liquid EXP from OpenBlocks)

Thanks in advance

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
A Autosmasher(sic?) can use it to mimic fortune levels, for one. Might have been the block breaker.
Another prime use is TE3 and the Reactant Dynamo.

Plus, you can convert it from Liquid EXP from either Open Blocks or Liquid XP from the mod of the same name by immibis with a bit of knowhow, and back again with the same amount.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Best bet is probably turning it into power with the dynamo like said before, or by spawning a certain mob that drops a consummable, like blaze. (Or even ender pearl with a pearl gen, or witch with potion gen, many options)

cobhalla

Jul 29, 2019
Ender farm is probably the best bet, or villigers and have them fall into a TC smeltery (direwoulf20's idea) and that makes a really good emerald farm

Come work for the CobbleCo

Reactions: Pyure

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
You can convert it to LiquidXP by autoenchanting glass bottles to splash potions of experience. Then use a dispenser to throw the potions at a vacuum hopper.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
nice looking sword you've got there :p
and if I would have all that mob essence... I'd use some of them to enchant books, as I kind of like to collect all the enchants possible in the game, and I'd use it to spawn mobs which drop certain resources I need, though if done correctly, you'd only need about 4 buckets of mob essence per spawner for this. the last bit would go to power generation, as you can never have enough power

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You can convert it to LiquidXP by autoenchanting glass bottles to splash potions of experience. Then use a dispenser to throw the potions at a vacuum hopper.
Bit wasteful that IMO. I mean, you can drink the bloody stuff with a straw to gain a level...

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Actually the straw never worked for me and the bottle-conversion can be automated. Who cares the loss anyways? The essence is delivered from the mob farm for free......

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Actually the straw never worked for me and the bottle-conversion can be automated. Who cares the loss anyways? The essence is delivered from the mob farm for free......
Suppose wasted resources you didn't spend any resourced to obtain aren't nearly as wasted by some loss... but I'm a stickler for not being wasteful. Which is why even if I don't use much in DartCraft I do use Force Engines constantly. Not because they are twice as fast but eat the normal amount of fuel to smelt something, but because I can add a bucket of lava to one(get the bucket back no less, if it is different then a normal furnace in that sense), and waste zero of the smelting power from that furnace/lava bucket.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
mob spawner with witches for glowstone, redstone, sticks, and bottles. that's pretty a pretty useful conversion

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm like 95% sure that this is not direwolfs idea...
I've seen it on the forum months before he did it. Still a good idea :p
You could also use the setup with the disenchanter he did, using an autoenchanter to get the enchants you want, then copying the one you like.

Maybe you can try an autonomous activator with a straw or a turtle, doing a nice automation deploying a bucket then drinking it then into a vacuum hopper. Not sure if it works.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well he built that exact thing in his MP series and thats where i saw it so i would say the emerald far is his idea

...No. Countless people on these forums have beaten him to that idea. Even I had a way to do this.(conceptual, mind you, as it was a stupidly complex rube goldberg machine intended to look cool and be totally pointless aside from the emeralds)

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Well he built that exact thing in his MP series and thats where i saw it so i would say the emerald far is his idea

There have been plenty of posts and a lot of people have already done it previously. I've built a simple emerald villager farm using the MFR conveyor belts and MFR spawners.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
And yet the tank is only half full...
It's a rare kind of optimism where half full is considered too much.
Make a bibliocraft shelf library full of enchanted books, make the books with MRF auto enchanting stuff. You could also make a 10x10xwhatever sized pool of essence. That's not exactly useful but that's all you can really do.
You could see if the Unifier is able to convert it in to Lxp?

Also Direwolf20 is cool, I watch his stuff often but he is not as brilliant as people make him out to be, I think he'd even admit that. I also don't think he's made the claim to the idea/s if he did it was a joke. You could maybe credit him for streamlining the process or making it popular, but not for finding it out.