A Hardcore Modpack In Development Thread

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
Old stuff that happened:
4732 so, I'm making hardcore modpack, and I would like some feedback on a recipe change.
Recipe: Stone Pickaxe
L: Livingrock
T:Treated wood stick
x:Null
LLL
xTx
xTx
4734. What's the harvest level of livingrock @MrMonsterGuy18? Is it wood or stone you need?
4732 so, I'm making hardcore modpack, and I would like some feedback on a recipe change.
Recipe: Stone Pickaxe
L: Livingrock
T:Treated wood stick
I'm not worried about the Living Rock. I believe that its harvest level is stone, just like the smooth-stone it is made out of.
Treated wood, however... Don't you need creosote for that? Do you expect your players to build a Coke Oven before being able to make a simple stone Pickaxe?
4734. What's the harvest level of livingrock @MrMonsterGuy18? Is it wood or stone you need?
I'm not worried about the Living Rock. I believe that its harvest level is stone, just like the smooth-stone it is made out of.
Treated wood, however... Don't you need creosote for that? Do you expect your players to build a Coke Oven before being able to make a simple stone Pickaxe?
4376 as Robijn said, the stone is not a problem. On the treated wood, the only thing the couldn't have is the hammer, which will replace the normal stone pickaxe recipe. The reason for this is to draw out the early game, so that it (the early game) does not last 10 minutes.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Maybe you'd like to work with me.
I am developing a hardcore modpack myself and I have a humongous MineTweaker script in place to reduce the ore-processing yield of ores from an ingot to a nugget each.
Among a lot of other mods, the modpack already contains Botania, Immersive Engineering and Thaumcraft. (+-100 mod jars; +-140 loaded mods)

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Maybe. What version is it on?
My modpack is currently for Minecraft 1.7.10, but I have some ideas (no time atm) to remake it on any more recent Minecraft version with some smart usage of ContentTweaker (adding custom metal semi-products), CraftTweaker (adding, removing and changing recipes), and the ore processing methods of modern-day mods.

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
My modpack is currently for Minecraft 1.7.10, but I have some ideas (no time atm) to remake it on any more recent Minecraft version with some smart usage of ContentTweaker (adding custom metal semi-products), CraftTweaker (adding, removing and changing recipes), and the ore processing methods of modern-day mods.

Sorry for writing this almost a fortnight after you posted, but I was distracted and forgot.

I don't think I will join you in making you modpack, as I think 17.10's time has passed. I wish you and you pack the best of luck.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Sorry for writing this almost a fortnight after you posted, but I was distracted and forgot.

I don't think I will join you in making you modpack, as I think 17.10's time has passed. I wish you and you pack the best of luck.
That's not what i suggested, though...

Maybe this is a signature, maybe it is not. Who knows?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Ok, then I misunderstood you. Will you please explain what you meant.
He mentioned looking at remaking his modpack in 1.10 or later :)
I heard that MC 1.12 is very well-suited for my general modpack idea.
And my actual offer was to help you with some CraftTweaker and/or ContentTweaker scripting in whatever MC version you are building your modpack on. I've become quite experienced with that.