A Good Pump in 1.10.2?

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
I've always used Buildcraft's pump to empty out lava from sections of the Nether, but as there is no version of Buildcraft for MC 1.10.2, I'm using Industrialcraft's pump, which is good for pumping water, but can't go more than one block deep and must constantly be moved to suck up each layer of lava. Is there another pump like Buildcraft's in another mod?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Ranged pumps and Immersive Engineerings are the main two that come to mind. Both will replace lava source blocks with dirt/stone/cobble. The other one that maybe a little more complicated to setup would be the RF Tools Builder. But, it can also pump liquids while removing blocks.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Best part about the IE pump is that you can configure the cobble replacement on/off with the hammer, so you can drain overworld pools without leaving a big cobble mess to have to dig through, or leave it on to prevent lag in the nether.

Plus it can move fluids from one inventory to another without power. Just set it to in/out, and then give it a lever. Useful for automating smelters, consolidating drums, or draining creosote from coke ovens without power.

Second favorite pump after the Buildcraft one.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
The main reason I want to drain the Nether is to find Firestone Ore (from Railcraft; spawns at the bottom of Nether lava oceans), so I definitely want the lava completely removed instead of turned into Cobblestone.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
The main reason I want to drain the Nether is to find Firestone Ore (from Railcraft; spawns at the bottom of Nether lava oceans), so I definitely want the lava completely removed instead of turned into Cobblestone.
Well, the IA pump should do the job nicely then. Unless its behavior changed since 1.7.10 it doesn't place blocks but in its gui you can specify if you want block updates or not. :)
(Also, you should be able to link it with the builder from that mod to have it place blocks, and I forgot if you can chain the quarry and or its farm as well. I highly recommend modders to check out the chaining of machines of that mod as it is done in a very nice way that I wouldn't mind seeing in more mods.)

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
In Vanilla, sponges are meant to be a prize for defeating an underwater dungeon, so it's most likely RTG. Also, I don't think sponges work on lava.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I think they do but then disappear, instead of being able to be picked up and smelted. Unless I'm thinking of a modded one from a previous version.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
I remember there being a sponge-on-a-stick that you could click on water to dry it up. Not sure which mod it was from; I had almost 200 mods in 1.7.10. XD

Reactions: KingTriaxx