A faster Pump

glowpipe

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got a suggestion for a mod that adds a pump for liquids like lava/oil and more or less everything really. But most important is oil and lava. One that works faster than the buildcraft pump. Compatible with thermal expansions pipes/tesseract/Portable tanks

I know gregtech had a pump that worked rather well. But gregtech isnt an option anymore. Any other mods have something near what i am after ? :p ( i have my feelings that i wont find what im after, google did not)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Lava, you could give ExtraUtilities' Ender-Thermic Pump a try but by default it only works in the Nether and only works against lava.

Oil wise, I would want to saw Mekanism's Electric Pump but that pump is kind of dumb and will pick up water as well and I can't seem to find a way to set it to not pump water. So I guess you're stuck with BC's pump for oil?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
The Buildcraft pump is pretty darn fast if you supply it with enough power. It can suck a mid-size oil spout dry in a few minutes, and at least half of that time is spent moving the drill head down.

I don't know the max power, but the last time I did oil refined into fuel as my primary power, I slapped Tesseracts directly on the pump. With TE3, you'll have to put a Conduit between the Tesseract and the pump, but the concept is the same. Heck, you could put the Tesseract directly on the pump to take up the liquid, and then use 2 pieces of Energy Conduit to connect the RF to MJ to another side.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Is the pump faster than the others if you are using it for something else but oil? I find that it isn't as fast, even when fully powered, due to the fact it needs to stop and lower the pipe every now and then.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Lava, you could give ExtraUtilities' Ender-Thermic Pump a try but by default it only works in the Nether and only works against lava.
Not anymore, unless the configs in FTB are messed up. It's been working for all liquids as well since a few versions ago.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what pack you are using, but the latest monster pack has quarries plus. You add circuits to BC versions and they become super. The quarry can go to 256x256, which I think is 16 times larger. It can also get enchantments on it such as efficiency and fortune. There is a pump in the mod which is very fast.
Are you sure you have enough power going to it?? I never had any issues filling railcraft tanks from BC pumps. The start is always a little slow since it has to move for each bucket it pumps. Once you get to the oil pocket, it rolls. I could definitely empty a large well 100's of times faster than I could process it. I also never had an issue pumping lava from the nether with it. Since it rarely moves the head, i never have had enough things running to have 1 pump not keep up. I have had 32 GT thermal generators and 32 TE magmatic engines running off one pump. I would turn it off and let my railcraft tank empty to save power, and then run it to fill it back up. Even with everything running, a near max size iron tank filled up in 10 minutes maybe. Not sure why you are having issues.