Request A Block that can deflect/stop/block skeleton arrows

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
Hello !
I'm looking for a block that can deflect or block the arrows shot by a skeleton. I have a SnowMan that sees the skeleton and starts shooting him. The skeleton has a half slab directly in front of him so almost all of the arrows get stuck in it, but sometimes, just sometimes, an arrow hits the SnowMan. The SnowMan has to live forever, or otherwise I'll have to make a dartcraft spawner or use a drawbridge to make new golems and I don't want that. I'm making a music disc farm and this is the last thing that I'm missing. When I am done with it I will make a tutorial and post it on YouTube, so please, give me suggestions.

I am playing Resonant Rise for MC 1.6.4

P.S. Music Disc Farm tips are welcome, but I would REALLY appreciate if you could help me with this PARTICULAR problem. Also, I would very much prefer a BLOCK since I am trying to make this thing fully automated

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
If you are able to add mods (not playing on a server), give MFFS a try.

IIRC, the force shield did have a setting to allow projectile to go out and yet prevents projectiles from entering.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I think Blood Magic and Witchery both have some sort of Interdiction Ritual that would deflect arrows; as should RotaryCraft's forcefield. Xeno's Reliquary also adds interdiction torches that I assume would be able to deflect the arrows (at least, the interdiction torches in EE2 did), although I haven't tested it, and I'm not sure if it's available in MC 1.6.

You could also try something sneaky with pistons and redstone. Allow the snow golem to shoot at the skeleton, than quickly have a piston raise a block to block the skeleton's arrow if it misses the creeper.

On the other hand, GeoStrata in 1.6.4 added various sorts of potion crystals (which have since been moved to ChromatiCraft), one of which gives nearby mobs and players Regeneration III. You could place one of those close enough to the snowman that it gets healed, but far enough away that the creeper doesn't.

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
If you are able to add mods (not playing on a server), give MFFS a try.

IIRC, the force shield did have a setting to allow projectile to go out and yet prevents projectiles from entering.

I do have Modular Force Field System, however, I don't think that there is such a setting (I guess you mean a module ?)

I think Blood Magic and Witchery both have some sort of Interdiction Ritual that would deflect arrows; as should RotaryCraft's forcefield. Xeno's Reliquary also adds interdiction torches that I assume would be able to deflect the arrows (at least, the interdiction torches in EE2 did), although I haven't tested it, and I'm not sure if it's available in MC 1.6.

You could also try something sneaky with pistons and redstone. Allow the snow golem to shoot at the skeleton, than quickly have a piston raise a block to block the skeleton's arrow if it misses the creeper.

On the other hand, GeoStrata in 1.6.4 added various sorts of potion crystals (which have since been moved to ChromatiCraft), one of which gives nearby mobs and players Regeneration III. You could place one of those close enough to the snowman that it gets healed, but far enough away that the creeper doesn't.

I don't have GeoStrata (and I won't install it because I'm guessing it has oregen) and I haven't gotten into blood magic or witchery (althoguh I know that Blood Magic has the Sigil of the Whirlwind which deflects arrows, but only I can use it). The skeleton/snowman will only attack if they have line of sight, this is my biggest problem. They won't see each other through glass, torches, portals, Mariculture Feather blocks, OpenBlocks drawn blocks, etc. Also, I've tried putting the snowman is Spring Water, but of course it dies because it's technically (spring) Water. I don't have Xeno's Reliquary interdiction torches (or maybe they're not called that ?)

BTW, please suggest ANY block or contraption that might heal the golem. I sat idle for at least an hour and when I went to check on the snowman he had 2 hearts, so the skeleton very rarely manages to hit him, but it still does...

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Spawn new snowmen when the other dies? Like, have him stand on a pressure plate and when theres no signal, do the spawning. Ive used auto-snowman makers before, its pretty easy.

Jakalth

Jul 29, 2019
If you have BC installed, you might be able to get by using obsidian pipes to "catch" the arrows fired at your snowman. Should still work... Hopefully... Though you'll need at least a redstone engine connected to each obsidian pipe to boost its vacuum range, and a chest to dump the arrows into.

Limit with this you might ask? Not sure, but it might also catch the snowballs fired by the snowman. might be helpful, might make the whole setup worthless.