Request A big modpack

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
why is there no more big mod-packs anymore? like, is it just me or does it seem to be that around 250 is the upper limit for total mod-count, yet i remember back in the 1.6.4 days mod-packs with 440 mods. the highest mod-count mod-pack i have found so far is the mechanical haven mod-pack, but it doesn't have any magic mods and is a bit buggy, yet i just cant find any bigger, tech mod and magic mod and any other kind of mod-type mod-pack out there that has a lot of mods, nowadays its all lightweight packs and packs focused on something, with a large amount of mods ripped out that really should've been in, for reasons like "it should be runnable under 1gb of ram" (because people still have less then 1GB ram available to run minecraft nowadays...). we need to bring back bigger mod-packs, and i'm posting this here because i'm not sure where else to post it. any thoughts?

PrinceZero

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with these "Jack of all trade" modpacks is that when it comes down to it you don't NEED many of the mods and are excluding large parts of your audience. As much as I see the logic behind the idea that "mod variety = more fun" its not necessarily true, people will do what they need to progress. no more, no less. just because you have 400 mods doesn't mean they are all going to get played, because they are not necessary to the playstyle of the modpack or the player.

Reactions: Pyure

Coco12570

Jul 29, 2019
1.7.10 is much laggier then 1.6.4. No one would be able to run the pack.

If you want something huge I suggest you look up resonant rise. 300+ mods.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with these "Jack of all trade" modpacks is that when it comes down to it you don't NEED many of the mods and are excluding large parts of your audience. As much as I see the logic behind the idea that "mod variety = more fun" its not necessarily true, people will do what they need to progress. no more, no less. just because you have 400 mods doesn't mean they are all going to get played, because they are not necessary to the playstyle of the modpack or the player.

i know, but. for some reason, i just dont like playing modpacks that dont have all the mods im used to. i realize when theres something missing while playing a pack, and when its not there, i just cant continue playing without. like seeing a good modpack, but realizing that it doesent have metallurgy: i gotta have metallurgy, and by extension extratic, because if i dont, how will i get a whole lot of vyroxeres ore or all the other stuff to make armor and tools out of? and vien miner to make mining quicker and easier, and less of a grind. and rotarycraft, cause of all that absolutely brilliant end game stuff, even though i may or may not get to the end game stuff, i just cant play without it.

1.7.10 is much laggier then 1.6.4. No one would be able to run the pack.

If you want something huge I suggest you look up resonant rise. 300+ mods.

last time i checked, it only had 256 or so. and it was good, but.... hmm. idk why i stopped playing it, but it seems pretty good. my expectations on what i consider acceptable, and what im playing currently fluctuate, but for whatever reason i stopped playing it, i should probably try it again. although now, the real problem is that damn 4096 block id limit. 4096 blocks is just way, WAY not enough. i found a modpack with 382 mods, and im trying to add 2 more, but i cant because of the too many IDs exception so :/ . if only i could use more than 4096 block ids :(