5000 eu/t Challenge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly do you do this may I ask? Also, anyone know how long and how much power it takes to centrifuge 64 lava? There seems to be some dispute on different wikis. EDIT: Also, how do you triple iron with gregtech? And is there a definitive list of all the recipes for the industrial centrifuge, electrolyzer, grinder, and chemical reactor? Because none of the wikis seem to agree on anything.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but you can find answers to all of these questions easily from NEI.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to sound like an ass, but you can find answers to all of these questions easily from NEI.

This is one of my biggest issues with users on my server. I keep explaining to them the usage of NEI (and the importance of Google when NEI isn't enough data), but it is an uphill battle.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just switch the cost for UU matter down a magnitude then, if you think you need 5000eu/t to make UU matter fast enough for your needs? You'd then need 500eu/t to make UU matter at your suggested optimal speed, and you won't need to have a field of magma crucibles and thermal generators (that extra 10,000eu is nice) with a quarry running in the nether at all times. Otherwise, that'd be the easiest way without having access to easy iridium from UU matter.

Better yet why not just pop into creative mode and spawn 1cabilliontrillion UU matter hurr hurr *rolls eyes* Its a challenge not a wuss-out.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
EDIT: Also, how do you triple iron with gregtech? And is there a definitive list of all the recipes for the industrial centrifuge, electrolyzer, grinder, and chemical reactor? Because none of the wikis seem to agree on anything.

NEI is quite useful, as is this thread.
There was a grinder recipe with some chemical cell, but looks like it was removed
Generally cook it up in an industrial blast furnace with a calcite cell for 3x refined iron- then pulverise it into normal iron dust.

If possible- silk touch your iridium and sheldonite ores, then throw them in the industrial grinder with some mercury cells for a little bonus platinum as well as 2x iridium nuggets.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Better yet why not just pop into creative mode and spawn 1cabilliontrillion UU matter hurr hurr *rolls eyes* Its a challenge not a wuss-out.

Because the idea is rebalancing the game to the level the user wants, not removing the challenge entirely. Of course, you are free to disagree with that, but so long as the user isn't playing on your server, your opinion in that regard is worthless. Thankfully for you, though, the user has agreed they do not want to change their config file at all, so they'll just have to suffer through not being able to chunkload their solutions. Best of luck to them.

JsutffJr

Jul 29, 2019

This is one of my biggest issues with users on my server. I keep explaining to them the usage of NEI (and the importance of Google when NEI isn't enough data), but it is an uphill battle.
Yes, I find NEI quite useful. It does not always have all the recipes, however (at least in an easily findable location), and does not have an up to date list of ALL the recipes for the various machines, hence my original question. I did some research though and apparantly the gregtech computer cube contains recipes for the industrial centrifuge, though I'm not sure about the other machines. As for seeing myself, not all people can just hop into ftb any hour of the day.

NEI is quite useful, as is this thread.
Thanks for the link.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
NEI is a great mod, with a lot of features, but unfortunately it is not intuitive. You can see how many people have problem with item highlight function toggled after doubleclick on search bar. Here is how you get recipes for different machines:
http://imgur.com/a/GozCl

Edit: Unfortunately you can't see mouse pointer. It is on progress bars. Clicking it gives access to recipes

Reactions: JsutffJr

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
20% chance per chunk, but the ore isn't height limited AFAIK. So the chance for spawning competes with air, dirt, gravel, other ores...
The 1-2 per 16 chunks mentioned by JsutffJr sound about correct.

Yeah 1-2 sounds correct; 64x64 is 16 chunks, so theoretically you will get 3 iridium, but since the average ground level is probably 65 and IIRC iridium spawns under height 99; 65/99*0.2*16 = 2 (the max number if all blocks from 0 to 65 are stone).. so you only get 2 iridium unless you start quarrying from somewhere high (extreme hill).

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah 1-2 sounds correct; 64x64 is 16 chunks, so theoretically you will get 3 iridiums, but since the average ground level is probably 65 and iridium spawns under height 99; 65/99*0.2*16 = 2 (the max number if all blocks from 0 to 65 are stone).. so you only get 2 iridiums unless you do it somewhere high (extreme hill).

Or a MystCraft flat mushroom island biome, if you have MystCraft installed. That is a pretty good idea, actually. And think of all of the excess cobble!

JsutffJr

Jul 29, 2019
NEI is a great mod, with a lot of features, but unfortunately it is not intuitive. You can see how many people have problem with item highlight function toggled after doubleclick on search bar. Here is how you get recipes for different machines:
http://imgur.com/a/GozCl

Edit: Unfortunately you can't see mouse pointer. It is on progress bars. Clicking it gives access to recipes
Oh awesome! Thanks so much