500 Dense Ores in a Mystcraft Age (Instability Disabled) [DW20]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerxes

Jul 29, 2019
The first thing I thought when learning Mystcraft was to make a dimension with at least 500 Dense Ores, with instability, and name it Kessel.

Reactions: Confidential1207

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Half on topic, what exactly causes instability anyways?
Like if I were to, say, place 500x Dense Ore symbols, then a void symbol, would I still end up with the instability?

I mean, I've made plenty void worlds that gave me instability, so I'm wondering what is it that causes it, if I'm just building it wrong somehow, or if the Void simply has instability always, no matter what.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
There are a few symbols (two or three), that always give instability, dense ores is one of them. Other feature symbols (like villages, caves, ...) give only instability if overused. You also have to choose one of each required symbol type and the correct amount of biomes for your chosen biome controller.
There are a few symbols for directly chosing instability. They are a bit like "choose your poison". Apart from that: If you write instable ages, each source of instability (like no biome controller specified, dense ore used, ...) adds a certain amount of an instability value. When this value has been calculated, instabilities are chosen randomly (with certain constraints), which will then reduce that value, until it becomes low enough (zero?). If you chose a special instability, it will be calculated first, so that value is lower afterwards when the random instabilities begin.

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
the choose your poisons are like meteors and charged symbol correct? i think another one that gives instability is accelerated dunno about any others though

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
One strategy for creating safe worlds without cheating is to put two or three dense ores with a ton of meteors. The meteors will counteract most of the instability from the dense ores, giving you a relativity safe place to mine. This however, does not scale, and attempting to put more dense ores, regardless of the meteors, will eventually become unusable.

Reactions: electroscape

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
One strategy for creating safe worlds without cheating is to put two or three dense ores with a ton of meteors. The meteors will counteract most of the instability from the dense ores, giving you a relativity safe place to mine. This however, does not scale, and attempting to put more dense ores, regardless of the meteors, will eventually become unusable.
Brings to mind the question...how powerful are meteor strikes in explosion value? Could you reasonably build a reinforced roof of some kind?

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow, guess one could only have temporary bases there.
Most one could delay destruction of their base would be by building it deep underground, maybe keep building safety "nets" above the base if the meteor hits are getting close to it.

RobotSquid

Jul 29, 2019
If some people don't know, the reason dirt etc. still spawn normally is that the defualt world generator for ores, WorldGenMinable, replaces stone with whatever you choose. This is important when trying to make Nether/End world gen, as you need to remember to change it to replace Netherrack/End Stone

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Whether they knew or not, it doesn't seem to have unduly bothered them for the last two and a bit years. Please try to avoid digging up old threads :)

Reactions: rhn
Status
Not open for further replies.