500 Dense Ores in a Mystcraft Age (Instability Disabled) [DW20]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I was a bit curious to see how dense the ores are when a large number of Dense Ores Symbols are added to a Mystcraft Age. So I added 500 and turned off instability. The other symbols were Mushroom Biome, Single Biome, Bright, Normal Fog, Normal Sky Colour, White Clouds, Eternal Day, Caves, Flat.

The results were mindblowing... Here are some pictures:
The Effects of a Mining Laser set to Scatter

h1NSDFO.png

A cave that i found at level 15
6Frya05.png

Looking down the Quarry
nGhQdWJ.png
I ran a 9*9 Quarry through the area starting at Y=128 (Ground Level) and found Only 1 Cobblestone out of the 8670 Blocks picked up by the quarry. Here is a spreadsheet of the count of each ore picked up and their percentage for those who like the numbers.

Here are my observations:
  • Aluminium Ore has been replaced with Aluminium Blocks
  • All forms of ores appear underground (So all 3 types of copper Ore)
  • No Xychorium from Xycraft appear
  • No Infused Stone from Thaumcraft appear
  • No Monazit Ore from MFFS appear
  • No Uranium Ore from IC2 appear
  • Dense Ores don't change the amount of Dirt, Gravel or Lava/Obsidian, it only changes the cobblestone into other Ores
  • Marble does not appear
  • Coal comprises more than a quarter of all blocks mined
  • Diamond comprises 1% of all blocks, however, this is a large number given that it can't be found at levels higher than 15
  • Lapis Lazuli is suprisingly rare, in fact more than 4 times rarer than diamond, it could be just chance that the area I placed the quarry happened to have low lapis lazuli amounts.

Last edited:

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting experiment. :)

Only thing missing though is permitting instability to do a smash'n'grab run before you splat. You could get lucky with manageable instability and it'd be the end all AND non-cheat. Granted, that is provided you could find dense ores without cheating in the notebook.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
i wonder what its like with 1000....
That was my plan originally however when i got to around 50 dense ores the symbols actually go off of the GUI and it goes further down the screen, 500 was a the furthest round number i could get that didn't go off the whole screen

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
That would honestly be a cool world to have a base in. Not for the ore because at that point your better off just being in creative mode. But all the colors would look pretty awesome as walls.

Reactions: Confidential1207

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
It may be that the other ores didn't generate due to the lack of stone. If all those other ores have generation priority first, they will gobble up all the space, reducing the chance of other ores with lower priority to be generated.

Marble is generated by turning exposed stone into Marble.

Fewer dense ores should (in theory) give a wider variety of ores and materials.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Looks quite pretty! :)

I may actually try this if just for the looks, as Quesenek said.
Does it put any extra strain on your computer?
Or is there no noticable lag problems?

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Aluminium Ore has been replaced with Aluminium Blocks is a rather interesting note I think, I wonder what causes it to do that. I think if you used a flat biome so that it has 127 layers to dig through you might find a better range of ores, since caves will leave you with a lot of air. Even with 20-30 dense ores you have a very noticeable effect on the amount of stone to ore count too.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Aluminium Ore has been replaced with Aluminium Blocks is a rather interesting note I think, I wonder what causes it to do that. I think if you used a flat biome so that it has 127 layers to dig through you might find a better range of ores, since caves will leave you with a lot of air. Even with 20-30 dense ores you have a very noticeable effect on the amount of stone to ore count too.
Soaryn set it to do so. If you read the config it's possible for it to spawn in ore generation.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
What I find curious is that mystcraft dense ore worlds completely ignore the ore gen configs, like... the DW pack has only the TE ores set to true... yet, dense ore worlds have 3 types of copper... few types of tin/silver etc... kind of annoying tbh

Reactions: Dravarden

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
What I find curious is that mystcraft dense ore worlds completely ignore the ore gen configs, like... the DW pack has only the TE ores set to true... yet, dense ore worlds have 3 types of copper... few types of tin/silver etc... kind of annoying tbh

Though, that is a bit handy if you've had a run of bad luck on your own world with, say, copper. Three different sources of copper, each spawning individually = copper problem solved.

That said...that screeny is simultaneously awesome and terrifying. I dunno what I'd do with that much ore. Sides, I'd want mah XyCraft ores, I like the pretty blocks it makes!

I've tried with two Dense Ore symbols, and that was pretty crazy, but 500? Tendonitis, here I come.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Looks quite pretty! :)

I may actually try this if just for the looks, as Quesenek said.
Does it put any extra strain on your computer?
Or is there no noticable lag problems?
Generally I had no lag but when I got my mining laser out and just spammed on the walls, I had so many entities of dropped ores and stuff that I laggedlike hell, however after I collected all the items that were dropped it was all good. Also I should mention that it didn't disconnect nicely when leaving the game, it kept freezing when it got to the shutting down internal server stage so I had to kill dw20 through task manager to close it

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Screw anything manual and setup a frame ship with IC2 Miner.

Then build another...then another...

If you get 10 of those porting everything back to base, you won't even blink about the concept of material shortages ever again! :eek:

And all automated so all you do is swim in your piles of diamond-crusted gold that would even make Scrooge McDuck envious.

Status
Not open for further replies.