50 New Stickies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Its great we have more stickies, but its starting to get a little long. Can we get some consolidation? Maybe 3 or so consolidated into a FAQ & General Information [READ THIS BEFORE POSTING OR REPORTING] sort of deal? Simplicity is beautiful.

<3

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
This is a stopgap while we're working on the technology to directly beam things like the rules, how and when to report things, and where to post new threads directly into the brains of forum-goers. It may take a while to perfect that, unfortunately, as the preliminary results are disappointing.

That is to say, I'm well aware it's an imperfect solution, but this is an imperfect world. In your suggested "fix" of consolidating the posts, we run into the web user experience attention span problem: making users troll through a guidebook/codex that scrolls more than an extra screen length would almost guarantee the content would get ignored. I'm personally not an fan of excessive stickies, but I'm also not a fan of burying information people should have.

The feedback is appreciated. I'll see about something less intrusive, but for now people can find the information and that serves its purpose.