Open 3.0.7 Flux Networks Excessive network traffic when two players are near each other

D

Dalden

Summary of the problem Excessive network traffic when two players are near each other

Pack Version 3.0.7

What is the bug? This is quite a strange one. After updating SkyFactory to 3.0.7, whenever two players get near each other the network traffic increases to such an extent that it saturates internet connections and they time out.

It affects those players' downstream as well their upstream bandwidth. Two of us has DSL connections with a 1mbps upstream limit. As soon as two of us gets near each other, this goes immediately to 1mbps, and the downstream steadily increases.
Because the network is saturated, we start getting lag that escalates quite quickly, making the game unplayable within a few seconds of meeting another player.
The server utilisation also increases.

Mod & Version SkyFactory 3.0.7, with TickProfiler-1.10.2.jenkins.27.jar added on the server.

Link to log file There is nothing in the log file when this happens, you notice it right away when two players are near and you lag out. Network graphs also show the bandwidth increasing.

Is it repeatable? Yes, happens each time two players are near each other. When we are each on our own island there's no problem. When we visit another player it happens.
We've tried meeting in two different bases, with a different mix of players and it still happens.

Known Fix No known fix.

D

Dalden

oponh7C.png

Here is an example of the network traffic on the client.

Connection to server at around 20:17, incoming traffic around 500 kbps, outgoing traffic very little.
Another player visiting me at around 20:18, outgoing traffic shoots up to 1 Mbps, which is my DSL line's limit, and incoming gradually increases at that point. I left it for 5 minutes before disconnecting from the game. Both players are lagged and server utilisation increases as soon as this happens.

D

Dalden

Edit: Seems like we found the cause for this. If there's a Flux Networks Flux Storage nearby, and two players close to each other, it triggers this problem. Removing the flux storage block and everything returns to normal.

(I also posted a picture of the network traffic one post up, still awaiting moderator approval)

D

Dalden

This looks like it's fixed in a later version of Flux-Networks.

SkyFactory 3.0.7 has Version 1.1.5 of Flux-Networks.

Changelog for Flux-Networks:

1.1.5:
- Fixed Servers Lagging like mad - (Requires SonarCore Update)
- Fixed energy seeming to stop charging after a while, requiring the block to be broken - (Requires SonarCore Update)
- Fixed crashes at random intevals - (Requires SonarCore Update)
- Add player button not working.
- Fixed glitch with info being shown for connection even when it isn't being hovered over.
- Fixed Energy Items not being charged properly with Transmitter Mode on
1.1.6:
- Attempted fix at spamming client packets.
1.1.7:
- Another fix for client sending packets.
- Fixes Plugs only sending 1 rf/t when in Even Distribution mode
- Priority Mode will now work again as expected, without restarting the world.

Last edited: