Problem 2 Of my pack won't start up

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

VerdantARM

Jun 30, 2021
I downloaded 2 modpacks from the "CurseForge Modpacks" those are "Running Red" and "Crash Landing" those 2 packs refuse to start, the MC launcher opens but when I click play they won't start. i've been looking for help but no one had the exactly same problem, I downloaded a FTB pack "SkyFactory 3" it works, I played yesterday so maybe i should ask for help in a curseforge forum???
IDK can anyone help me here? I'll attach my debug log.

The 2 modpacks worked for me a while ago in the FTB old launcher v1.5.1 that launcher allowed you to download the pack with a code, maybe thats the problem the new one gives you the pack without a code, maybe that pack isn't full.
I'll continue to use that old launcher until i found the solution.

Attachments

• LOG.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 79

thexalien

Jan 17, 2021
If you're having issues with packs not made and updated by the FTB team this is not the place to ask for help for them. However, the debug says it can't connect to Minecraft connect which needs to be synced or logged into.

VerdantARM

Jun 30, 2021
If you're having issues with packs not made and updated by the FTB team this is not the place to ask for help for them. However, the debug says it can't connect to Minecraft connect which needs to be synced or logged into.
Do you know how to fix that? i have session open in MC launcher

thexalien

Jan 17, 2021
Sorry I had a mistype its a mod called MineTogether and you need to log into it for it to sync. I don't know how you would do that with the curse launcher. For the FTB launcher, there is a login button that links you to the website to log into it. However, while relooking at your debug log I don't think that is the main cause. I think it might actually be a pack downloading issue so I would go to whoever hosts this pack for more help. Here is why:

Code:
[18:00:35.959] [pool-2-thread-1/ERROR] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.install.tasks.DownloadTask]: Unable to download lwjgl-platform-2.9.0.jar
java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist at URL.

[18:00:36.597] [pool-2-thread-1/ERROR] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.install.tasks.DownloadTask]: Unable to download lwjgl-platform-2.9.1-nightly-20130708-debug3.jar

[18:00:36.678] [pool-2-thread-1/ERROR] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.install.tasks.DownloadTask]: Unable to download jinput-platform-2.0.5.jar

[18:00:36.756] [pool-2-thread-1/ERROR] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.install.tasks.DownloadTask]: Unable to download lwjgl-platform-2.9.0.jar
java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist at URL

[18:00:36.845] [pool-2-thread-1/ERROR] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.install.tasks.DownloadTask]: Unable to download lwjgl-platform-2.9.1-nightly-20130708-debug3.jar

[18:00:36.925] [pool-2-thread-1/ERROR] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.install.tasks.DownloadTask]: Unable to download jinput-platform-2.0.5.jar

[18:00:45.164] [ForkJoinPool.commonPool-worker-5/INFO] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.pack.LocalInstance]: Checking for Launch Mod for instance 172d76b1-ac50-41fd-94ca-3a4fdde4e68f}(Crash Landing)..
[18:00:45.223] [ForkJoinPool.commonPool-worker-5/INFO] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.pack.LocalInstance]: Didn't find Launch Mod for instance 172d76b1-ac50-41fd-94ca-3a4fdde4e68f(Crash Landing) in 58ms(58813800ns).

Not being able to download these Java files is most likely causing your crash on launch. Wherever the pack is trying to grab these files from doesn't see it

Reactions: VerdantARM

VerdantARM

Jun 30, 2021
Sorry I had a mistype its a mod called MineTogether and you need to log into it for it to sync. I don't know how you would do that with the curse launcher. For the FTB launcher, there is a login button that links you to the website to log into it. However, while relooking at your debug log I don't think that is the main cause. I think it might actually be a pack downloading issue so I would go to whoever hosts this pack for more help. Here is why:

Code:
[18:00:35.959] [pool-2-thread-1/ERROR] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.install.tasks.DownloadTask]: Unable to download lwjgl-platform-2.9.0.jar

[18:00:36.597] [pool-2-thread-1/ERROR] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.install.tasks.DownloadTask]: Unable to download lwjgl-platform-2.9.1-nightly-20130708-debug3.jar

[18:00:36.678] [pool-2-thread-1/ERROR] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.install.tasks.DownloadTask]: Unable to download jinput-platform-2.0.5.jar

[18:00:36.756] [pool-2-thread-1/ERROR] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.install.tasks.DownloadTask]: Unable to download lwjgl-platform-2.9.0.jar
java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist at URL

[18:00:36.845] [pool-2-thread-1/ERROR] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.install.tasks.DownloadTask]: Unable to download lwjgl-platform-2.9.1-nightly-20130708-debug3.jar

[18:00:36.925] [pool-2-thread-1/ERROR] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.install.tasks.DownloadTask]: Unable to download jinput-platform-2.0.5.jar

[18:00:45.164] [ForkJoinPool.commonPool-worker-5/INFO] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.pack.LocalInstance]: Checking for Launch Mod for instance 172d76b1-ac50-41fd-94ca-3a4fdde4e68f}(Crash Landing)..
[18:00:45.223] [ForkJoinPool.commonPool-worker-5/INFO] [net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.pack.LocalInstance]: Didn't find Launch Mod for instance 172d76b1-ac50-41fd-94ca-3a4fdde4e68f(Crash Landing) in 58ms(58813800ns).

Not being able to download these Java files is most likely causing your crash on launch. Wherever the pack is trying to grab these files from doesn't see it
OK thank you