Open 2.5.3: Ender IO Travel Anchor Flashing, Failing Randomly

A

Auride

Version:

What is the bug:
When holding a Staff of Travelling or any Dark Steel item capable of having the "Travel" upgrade, pointing at a Travel Anchor causes the enlarged image of the anchor to flash red and gray at seemingly random intervals.

This happens even if the mouse is held perfectly still, pointing directly at the travel anchor. If one attempts to right-click (or shift-right-click if using a Travel tool) on the travel anchor while its icon is gray (which is highly unpredictable) the teleport will either fail completely (if using a staff of traveling) or the player will use the short-distance teleport instead (if holding a Travel tool).

Because the Staff of Traveling has no other action bound to a simple right-click, just holding right-click while pointing at the travel anchor will inevitably cause the player to teleport to that anchor, since the staff will activate on the same instant as the icon turns red. As such, it's not really an issue.

However, this bug makes it very irritating to use Travel tools because the player will often teleport a short distance when they didn't want to, possibly putting the player over the void (since this is Sky Factory) or otherwise in danger.

The effect seems highly dependent on distance. The closer you are to the travel anchor, the more time it spends red and the less it visually blinks (though it still will blink a bit, even while right next to it). Towards the edge of it's functional range, the anchor will be almost always gray, with only occasional blinks of red.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes, always happens, even after turning off and on the client (singleplayer).

Known Fix:
None

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure this is a bug vs inate functionality. The travel anchors are distance limited to begin with. So it stands reason the staff of traveling would have trouble "seeing" the travel anchor at edge of its functional distance and appear as the flickering. I vaguely remember direwolf20 explaining this phenomenon. But I may be wrong

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
If EnderIO fixes this, then it will be fixed for the pack. If not, then unfortunately I won't be able to do anything about it.