Open 2.5.2: Sky Factory 2.5 Crashing at Various Times

Kobrakai21

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I had been playing for a couple days (hadn't progressed very far yet) with no problems. Just yesterday I got my first transfer node to begin auto cobble generation, and I've started experiencing crashes ever since. I've noticed crashes happening when opening chests, opening my inventory, accessing crafting tables, etc.

So far, I have tried updating to 2.5.2 to no avail. I also updated both my Java version and my video card drivers, which didn't help. I also tried reinstalling the mod pack and completely starting over with a new world, and now I'm still crashing shortly into the game (even before I attempt auto cobble generation).

Mod & Version:
Sky Factory 2.5.2

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://pastebin.com/qDB9DKAV

Can it be repeated:
Yes, but not really intentionally. It seems to happen at random. I can open chests and access my inventory at times. Then, out of the blue, the game will suddenly crash when doing this exact same action. So far, I've not been able to find much of a pattern with it.

Known Fix:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
It could either be your av program interfering or you should check for an update to your video card drivers. It looks like you are using an Intel based video card.

If it is your av program then add an exception to it to stop it from scanning your ftb/curse folder.

M

Michael Derksen

From what I can see Java is corrupt; Remove java COMPLETELY: Meaning; delete the installations out of your Windows Environment, remove the windows PATH to it, and remove any and all config files, and lingering java settings. Proceed by installing first 32 BIT java, and then 64 BIT java.
I had the same errors, and that was due an glitch sleeped into Java.

Kobrakai21

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the replies. I've changed things up a little bit and have made Sky Factory use my nvidia gpu rather than the integrated intel one, and so far, things seem to be working properly. I've played for a few hours and haven't had any problems.

Thanks again for the help. It's always nice to have people in the community take time out of their day to help others. It's much appreciated.

Cheers