Open 2.5.2: Loot Recycler Consuming Items But not Yielding Bags

MossyMainer23

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I put my items in the loot recycler that I get from reward bags and mob spawner and the loot recycler destroys the items but gives me no bags in return.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

P

Palm__

So for the loot recycler in that version it seems that for every item you put in, it increases the count shown in the tooltip that appears when you hover over Stored Bags in the loot recycler's GUI by 1 thus meaning that 2000 items go in for 1 bag

A

AtomLine

I have a solution for this. It appears that when the dungeonChest loot was removed from bags, the total list cost (which the item cost is based on) got screwed up. The workaround/fix is:
  • Add dungeonChest back to the ChestGenHooks Dropped list
  • Make all of the lootbags NOT drop general loot (which is what was being attempted by removing dungeonChests from general loot)

S:"ChestGenHooks Dropped" <
dungeonChest
>

$USEGENERALLOOTSOURCES:false <--- change all instances of this in Lootbags_BagConfig.cfg to false

Last edited:
A

AtomLine

More info. Loot value appears to be based on the chance that it drops (Weight) as a fraction of the total weight of available loot to lootbags. The problem is, the total weight of available loot is calculated before the bag whitelists effectively add new loot to the system.

LOOTMAP.populateGeneralMap();
LOOTMAP.setTotalListWeight();
BagHandler.populateBagLists();

By removing the dungeonChest global loot source, the total weight of available loot was effectively zero and all items ended up with the minimal loot value of 1. The system does however use items that are in the global whitelist when calculating the total list weight.

So, by adding another item to the global whitelist with a large weight, such as a stick with weight 5,000 we can get all of the lootbag items to start having value again. I haven't figured out a good item to use for this (it will become recycleable and it will give 1 loot value), or tuning for its weight... but this a way to work around the problem that also gives you control the loot value all items in the lootbags give.

S:"Item Whitelist" <
minecraft:arrow:0:1
minecraft:bow:1:1
minecraft:stick:0:5000
>

Last edited: