Closed 2.5.2: Crash when loading world

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
You issue is due to a B space barrel upgrade. Reload your backup then remove all of your B space barrel upgrades and see if that fixes your issue long term.

calvin012

Jul 29, 2019
You issue is due to a B space barrel upgrade. Reload your backup then remove all of your B space barrel upgrades and see if that fixes your issue long term.
I never had any B space barrel upgrades, I had only placed down normal barrels. The backup world does work even though I already had the barrel placed down in that world.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Interesting, the only other thing I can suggest is to make sure there is an exception placed in Anti-Virus software to bypass checking the folders that contain your instances and save data for your worlds. The 1st line indicates a problem locating a file in GZIP format. The 2nd is what pointed me at a BSpace barrel.

1. java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
  2. at mcp.mobius.betterbarrels.bspace.BSpaceStorageHandler.loadFromFile(BSpaceStorageHandler.java:380)

calvin012

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, the only other thing I can suggest is to make sure there is an exception placed in Anti-Virus software to bypass checking the folders that contain your instances and save data for your worlds. The 1st line indicates a problem locating a file in GZIP format. The 2nd is what pointed me at a BSpace barrel.

1. java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
  2. at mcp.mobius.betterbarrels.bspace.BSpaceStorageHandler.loadFromFile(BSpaceStorageHandler.java:380)
I reverted to a backup and was playing on it. I loaded the map for the first time today and got another crash.

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/d0d60dd4
Keeps happening every time I load the world.

calvin012

Jul 29, 2019
Remove the simple achievements folder from your save. For that first error you could have tried to remove the jabba folder from your save.
I did remove the jabba folder when he mentioned it was jabba. Removing the simple achievements folder fixed it, random but cool. Thanks man