Open 2.5.2: Beheading X won't behead

G

Gear1989

Version:

What is the bug:
Beheading X on a magical wood cleaver (100% plus the base 20%) won't behead 100% of the time on skeletons and wither skeletons.

Tested this on MFR Spawn Wither Skeletons and normal skeletons as well as natural spawning wither skeletons and skeletons.

Will behead normal passive mobs, and even then wither (from headcrumbs)

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes, put beheading X on a magical wood cleaver and try to behead skeletons and wither skeletons. Try MFR Spawners and natural spawns, both fail to give 100% chance for skulls.

Known Fix:

P

PabloElmundo

I think they nerfed it buddy, it was too op in there eyes, i believe i saw it in one of the devs live streams but i can't remember exactly where.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Does it at least work some of the time? The title implies it won't behead at all.

They probably added a hard cap on the drop chance modifier.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

G

Gear1989

yes, it will behead once in a while, but that's dumb how it was nerfed.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Im kind of indifferent.
Nothing really uses heads en mass EIO comes to mind but it doesn't really break anything too bad balance wise. Heads only give you a little bit more nutrient distillate.

Thaumcraft might benefit from it too but candles are easier for stabilizers.

Didn't really need to be nerfed but I don't really care either way.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still a bit early on, no machines yet but I do have a smeltery, but I have a hatchet with one beheading modifier, and it gets heads fairly often. The only problem is that it drops the wrong Enderman head... The heads it drops from them can't be used to make ender resonators or tormented enderman heads. Maybe try Beheading I or II?