Closed 2.5.0: Skyfactory 2.5 stops loading (and/or) crashes at step 2/7

M

Micah_V_Boss

Version:

What is the bug:
Every time I open skyfac it goes fine until around step 53-55 then it will go unresponsive and crash. I have installed the newest version of java but it still wont work! Please help! Thanks in advance:)

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

M

Micah_V_Boss

This is the crash report!

Attachments

• Skyfac issue.txt
    84.3 KB · Views: 72

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
You need to increase the memory allocated to the game. Should be around 3 GB. From what I see in the crash report it is set for under 0.5 GB.

M

Micah_V_Boss

You need to increase the memory allocated to the game. Should be around 3 GB. From what I see in the crash report it is set for under 0.5 GB.
Ok i figured it out but this pops up
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Initial heap size set to a larger value than the maximum heap size
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M
What now?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Can you post another crash report? Also, how much RAM does your system actually have? If you are running windows you would need at least 6 GB (better with more).

M

Micah_V_Boss

Can you post another crash report? Also, how much RAM does your system actually have? If you are running windows you would need at least 6 GB (better with more).
i get 4gigs.... how to i get miore??? ill send crash report later

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Try to set the memory for the pack at 2 to 2.5 GB and see if that works. But, if you can get some more mem for your system I do recommend it. Especially for big packs like SkyFactory or Infinity.

M

Micah_V_Boss

Try to set the memory for the pack at 2 to 2.5 GB and see if that works. But, if you can get some more mem for your system I do recommend it. Especially for big packs like SkyFactory or Infinity.
Well it says under performance that im using 3.2GB and have 4.8GB available. does that mean i have 8 GB in total??

M

Micah_V_Boss

I think my problem is java... i dont think its letting me use the mem that i have when i try to set it to 2056 instead of 256 this pops up
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Initial heap size set to a larger value than the maximum heap size
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=2056m; support was removed in 8.0 <-------- This line makes me belive that its a java problem!
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M

M

Micah_V_Boss

Ok so i fixed the java issue and now it seems to work fine until step 2/7 is done then it sits a bit and crashes.... Here is the report

Attachments

• new crash report skyfac.txt
    23.8 KB · Views: 59
M

Micah_V_Boss

You are checking for an entry in the system variables section at the bottom like xmx512mb and if it is there then remove it.
There is -xmx512M but that isnt in path that in is java options

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK

You still have the same issue. Can you post a screen shot to show me that the variable to now gone? Also check the additional parameters on the launcher to make sure the entry it is not there. Also you may have to restart your pc as well.

Also please use pastebin for your logs as I don't like downloading attachments from people I don't know.