Open 2.3.3: 2.4.2 Witchery dupe with reflections

K

kristi71111

Version:

What is the bug:
Step 1:
Use Thaumic Esoterica infusion enchating to apply the disarming enchant onto a sword/book, the sword can be put into a disenchanter to allow you to put the enchant on other items as well such as draconic swords. The disarming enchant when applied to swordsmm, will, when a mob is hit by it, have a percent chance to drop whatever item it is holding.
Step 2:
Do the witchery ritual to trap a demon in a mirror. Step into the mirro and you will be attacked by your reflection, a copy of the first person to enter the mirror. The reflection will hold whatever item is currently in the said players hand, with a slight delay to changing item, which is crucial to the duping effect. Now quickly select an item on your hotbar, be it a tool or just an item and wait for the reflection to copy it. Then quickly select the sword enchanted with disarm and wait on the relection before it changed items again to effectively take whatever item it was holding. Due to withcery mechanics the reflection will immediately gain the item back however, making you abble to get infinite amounts of any item you want.

This works on MP and SP

Mod & Version:
witchery-1.7.10-0.24.1 and Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.3.5

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes

Known Fix:
Use minetweaker to remove the disarming enchant or block acces to that dimension I gues.
Minetweaker script: http://pastebin.com/417fNqNZ I think that the enchant id should be the same everywhere however I am not sure.

Last edited:

kinomora

Jul 29, 2019
The easiest solution to this would be simply blocking the Refelction from being able to be disarmed.
That could probably be done fairly easily by the Witchery author and would be even better of Azanor could add the ability to flag any mob to reject the disarming enchantment which any author could then access.