Open 2.2.2: Power Conversion for Infinity Evolved Expert

chayde

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
The newest update to infinity evolved expert updated immersive engineering with severely broke converting RF to EU and vice versa. Originally IE allowed conversion in a 4rf to 1eu ratio and the HV cables could transfer 32k rf/t. With the new version the ratio is the same but the HV cables will only transfer 4k rf/t. With rednet cables disabled and no power converters mod there's no other ways to convert the two systems and immersive engineering nerfing the power transfers to 1/8th their original values it has severely crippled systems that were using those cables.

Is there a way to request that rednet energy cables be enabled or a separate mod be included to assist with RF to EU?

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
What?
  • Take max input for HV connector: 4096 RF/T
  • Conversion rate of RF - > EU is 4 -> 1
  • 4096 rf / 4 = 1024 eu
  • Max UE input for HV is 1024...
  • MFSU output at 2048eu
You can not use MFSU to output EU into the Immersive Engineering power network. Workaround posted HERE

P.S. Please use the search function next time.

chayde

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't read the post mate. You didn't need any horky schenanagins with MFSUs into MFEs into god knows what else before. You could convert 32k RF directly into 8k EU via ONE cable. HV connector to Tesseract, HV connector on Replicator, HV cable between and you would be pushing 8k EU into a replicator. No hocus needed.

C

codewarrior0

This was deliberately changed in IE (version 0.6.0 I believe, so it's not new to Infinity) - wire connectors have a lower transfer rate than wire cables. The HV wire cable can still carry 32k RF/t, but if you want to get it all in or out of the cable, you need eight connectors.

What I do is make an EV transformer, set it to step-up mode, and connect the cable to its input sides with five HV connectors. Then run a fiber cable from the EV transformer's output side to something that can use 5120 EU/t. To get up to 8k EU you need two transformers - to get past that you will need multiple cables as well as multiple connectors.

Selway

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed this issue too. However, while the HV connectors are capped at 4k rf transfer per tick, the actual HV wires are capable of transferring 32k rf/t.

It is frustrating that there are not better options. But this has almost always been a problem with IC2. This has especially caused me issues trying to get quantum solar power converted to rf.

I doubt you are going to get them to add or change anything to aid this. I get the feeling that they would like you to build multiple infrastructures. For instance, I have my mass fabricator powered solely by an IC2 infrastructure. Most everything else is on a RF infrastructure.

Small scale conversion is fairly simple but anything above 4k rf/t is going to require more creativity but you can do it. And this is really what the pack is all about. The above poster gave you one way to do it.

Oh and it used to be that hyper transfer nodes could transfer an infinite amount. I don't know if that is still possible though. Try not to get frustrated and keep messing around with stuff and you might be surprised at what you come up with.

If all else fails you can change these values in the IE config.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
In my testing I found using IC2 transformer's worked better than using MFE or MFSU when converting from EU to RF.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Easy enough to fix if it really does bother you alot and your on single player:

Go into the Immersive Engineering config and set the input value of the connectors to match the values of the transmission cap for the wires. Better to only set it to half of the max, but eh.

Selway

Jul 29, 2019
In my testing I found using IC2 transformer's worked better than using MFE or MFSU when converting from EU to RF.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the problem with using transformers to feed IE HV wires is you lose the extra packets. For instance, if you are stepping down from 4k eu to 1k eu when you transfer to RF you are only getting the benefit of one packet of 1k eu instead of four packets of 1k EU.