Open 2.1.3: Security Issues - FTB Utility - Claims

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
FTB Utilities claim security has at least two holes in it.

Both these were testing on a claim of someone I had friended through utilities. They had the block security set to private. Which I verified each time by trying to break a block within that chunk.

I found that it is possible to change block appearance on someone's claim using chisel. Just hit whatever block can be chiseled on there claim with a chisel and it will change appearance. This is a permanent change.

I have also found that mana pools on others claims can be accessed. Just drop a item on to the mana pool and it will use the item. I used this to make glass into managlass.

Explosions will cross chunk boundaries into claimed chunks. Just tested the possibility. Hope my little brother doesn't mind. Placed a TNT block where a unclaimed chunk bordered on his chunk. He has disabled explosions within his claim.

here are the server settings for ftb utilities:
Code:
  "claims": {
    "breakWhitelist": [],
    "dimensionBlacklist": [],
    "forcedChunkSecurity": -1,
    "forcedExplosions": -1,
    "maxClaimsAdmin": 1000,
    "maxClaimsPlayer": 1000

Mod & Version:
FTBUtilities-1.7.10-1.0.11.1.jar

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
N/A

Can it be repeated:
Yes. The instructions to repeat are mixed in with the report itself.

Known Fix:
Use only blocks that can't be chiseled on parts of your structures and claims accessible by other players is the only workaround I could come up with for the chisel issue.

Keep all your mana pools inside a building. If other players can't reach them they can't use them.

Claim a extra set of chunks around the part of your claim you plan to build on, or don't build to close to the edge of your claim. These are the only workarounds I could come up with for the Explosions Issue. Though I haven't tested it with any explosion larger then TNT. So I am not sure how effective it would be.

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Just found a cool use for the Thaumometer. It makes a great key. Sneak + Right click any door like device on another persons claim and that device will be activated. I accidentally opened a hatch on my little brother's claim. Experimented with it a little to see how exactly it worked. Then proceeded to his main base to try it out further. I couldn't test it on everything on his claim. I was able to open that hatch, and open a carpenter's door that way. I couldn't access most of his stuff that way though. Anything that brought up a GUI when activated didn't seem to be accessible.

Going to go play with this some more. I think I have pretty much found the extent of its usefulness though.

Edit 001:
Just found I could trample his crops as well. Just by jumping on them. Testing this stuff out is kinda fun.