Open [2.1.2] Major progression breaking bug [Witchery]

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
What is the bug:
The custom Witchery hard-mode recipes dont work after first connecting to the server.
It seems server and client side recipes are not sync'd properly.

E: This is still an issue in 2.1.2

KNOWN SOLUTION:
I'm bumping/updating this post to not only stress that this still is very much an issue but to let people (using the search functionality) know that it can easily be fixed by simply reconnecting to the server. This has always worked so far.

Last edited:
F

Finalize

I have tried reconnecting to the server I am on and this does not resolve the issue unfortunately.

In NEI I look up for instance the "Attuned stone" from witchery this is what I see in NEI and it produces the attuned stone sprite.

5271fefe17.png

Only to realise that no matter how many times I click the recipe does not work,
now I know in the guide book on the side of my inventory is the right way but it does this with all the Witchery recipes.

When I put in the correct way to form said stone I get this.

b50cce4b1b.png

When I click in the finished craft screen I get the attuned stone but the sprite is nowhere to be found.

Witchery is as far as I know the only mod that has this bug.

Please modders, devs or people who have an solution do something because it's bugging the crap out of me.

If I need to post more info or more specific info don't be afraid to ask I will provide ;)

F

Finalize

You guys realise that I am playing on a server in expert mode (otherwise I would not make an issue about this here) and I said the top recipe does not work and the bottom one does ;)
Only NEI does not show the right recipes (since for expert mode the recipes are changed and only for witchery it does not rewrite the recipes) and it can't be a user side issue since no one on the server can use the top recipe (I know the top one is not the recipe in expert mode so duh it can't be used but this is just used as reference) and the bottom one shows the same issue on everyone's screen.

I hope I informed you guys enough now, sorry if I looked like a derp there where you thought (I assume) that I was in normal mode instead of expert mode :p

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Does is show the correct recipe in single player?
  • Yes;
    • Have an Admin on the server redownload the pack and replace the scripts on the server with the downloaded scripts. This bug is due to a server/client mismatch with the scripts. (or it should as I've never seen it happen due to anything else)
  • No;
    • Force update your pack.

Also, If your server admins want some help I'll be more than happy. ;)

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
How is this topic still an issue? Has it not been fixed yet?
If your Witchery recipes are not properly synced (aka show normal mode recipes in NEI) all you need to do is reconnect to the server, for us at least.
When you have this issue it will show a valid crafting "result" like in the top picture but it wont be craftable.
The bottom picture is indeed the correct recipe but if you have that bug it will not be craftable either.
I just wonder how you got this far because in order to make the whiff of magic you would have had to make anointing paste which also has a custom recipe so it must have worked for someone at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Booker The Geek