Open 2.1.0: Iridium Ore (non-IC2) can't make IC2 iridium, only Adv. solar panels variety

whyoonowork

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Mined iridium ore can only be made into advanced solar panels iridium ingots. These cannot be used in iridium plates, and can only be used in very few recipes.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:
Add recipe for exchanging Advanced Solar Panels iridium for IC2 iridium ore, or make IC2 ore processing yield IC2 variety.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I think this is deliberate. The only way to get the IC2 iridium is to find it in chest loot then use it to create a crystal memory pattern for the replicator and UU mater.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Put this inside your script folder for IC2 somewhere and your good to go.
https://gist.github.com/bookerthegeek/96732fb5a06fab61f78a
Code:
#Iridium Plate Fix
recipes.remove(<IC2:itemPartIridium>);
recipes.addShaped(<IC2:itemPartIridium>, [[<AdvancedSolarPanel:asp_crafting_items:10>, <IC2:itemPartAlloy>, <AdvancedSolarPanel:asp_crafting_items:10>], [<IC2:itemPartAlloy>, <ore:gemDiamond>, <IC2:itemPartAlloy>], [<AdvancedSolarPanel:asp_crafting_items:10>, <IC2:itemPartAlloy>, <AdvancedSolarPanel:asp_crafting_items:10>]]);

@Watchful11 Any chance of this getting added to default configs?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I'm fairly sure this is intentional. You're supposed to make the first one using the hard recipe and then use the replicator to make more.

Chocohead

Jul 29, 2019
You're not meant to get an ore block form of iridium at all, you find normal IC2 iridium ore in dungeon loot with normal Infinity or crafting it with MOX fuel in expert mode, then replicate more of it. You get the advanced solars one from compressing normal IC2 iridium ore. If you're getting an ore block form the tech tree is broken enough, letting you rush through top tier IC2 as well as already bypassing the expensive, non-sunnairium parts of Advanced Solars is only making a bad situation worse.

tl dr: You shouldn't be able to get an ore block of iridium at all

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
I'm fairly sure this is intentional. You're supposed to make the first one using the hard recipe and then use the replicator to make more.

You're not meant to get an ore block form of iridium at all, you find normal IC2 iridium ore in dungeon loot with normal Infinity or crafting it with MOX fuel in expert mode, then replicate more of it. You get the advanced solars one from compressing normal IC2 iridium ore. If you're getting an ore block form the tech tree is broken enough, letting you rush through top tier IC2 as well as already bypassing the expensive, non-sunnairium parts of Advanced Solars is only making a bad situation worse.

Rodger that.

... goes off to grumble at IE for some configuration options.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
It's not all IE's fault. Iridium is turned on in nether ore generation and is equally as useless there.

And that has a config we don't seem to have ever turned off.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
lol... Not all IE's fault I know. The ratio you receive Nether Iridium ore is an order of magnitude less then the excavator thou. Thank you thou for responding. :) It is always nice to know imput is evaluated, even if it eventually decided against.

chaosblad3

Jul 29, 2019

The iridium ore blocks that I got were legitimately obtained through the Immersive Engineering Excavator multiblock from a rare platinum vein.. after finding the vein (and with no way of knowing up front that it was going to produce an unusable type of iridium as the engineers manual doesn't specify what type, it just says "iridium ore") I literally spent several hours crafting all the stuff necessary to make the excavator in order to extract it, not to mention the biodiesel generator that I needed to supply the 4096rf/t to run it which all in all used up nearly 2 days worth of steel from three blast furnaces and nearly 30 million rf (from over 1000 buckets of oil processed into BC fuel), and now you're telling me that all of that effort was for practically nothing??

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate where you're coming from regarding not skipping the intended IC2 progression as by the time I found the platinum vein I had already gone through the entire process of making the two stacks of iridium balls to make a single quantum core using the uu-matter in a replicator method so I didn't actually skip anything, but it really does feel like a massive kick in the teeth to go to all that effort making and powering the excavator only to be told that it was a complete waste of time and resources..

Perhaps you could add a shapeless crafting recipe to turn the iridium ore blocks into the ic2 iridium balls by crafting it with a fully charged iridium drill (consuming the entire charge in the process)? That way it still takes a decent amount of energy per ore produced (300k eu) and in no way skips the progression as you would need to have already made 3 iridium plates using replicated iridium in order to make the drill to begin with!
Code:
#mineable iridium ore block
val iridiumdrill = <IC2:itemToolIridiumDrill>.anyDamage();
recipes.addShapeless(<IC2:itemOreIridium>, [<aobd:oreIridium>, iridiumdrill.onlyIC2ChargeAtLeast(300000).transformIC2Discharge(300000)]);
Recipe testing in single player and works perfectly ;) I implore you, for my sanities sake please agree to implement it so that my good pal booker will agree to add it to our servers in the mean time!

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Sorry man. We would turn off the ore in IE if we could, but forcing you through the replicator is what we've chosen for now.

Move your excavator to a different vein and mine something else.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Ah, thanks. I'll add that to our list.

Next update is tentatively scheduled for Dec 1st or so, so we'll try to get it in then.

chaosblad3

Jul 29, 2019
You should be able to remove the vein and then re-add it without uranium as a secondary output. May I suggest limestone. (Commonly found with high yield uranium deposits.)
What does uranium have to do with any of this, this is about removing iridium from platinum veins, and also why suggest making it give limestone as an output when the whole point of the excavator is that it only produces ores, not worthless materials like different types of stone..

If you want to make the excavator give out less ores overall per chunk you can just increase the failrate so that every 3 seconds when it tries to produce an ore it would have a chance to instead produce nothing.