Open 2.1.0: IC2 pulling upgrades and barrels/caches causing the caches/barrels to not accept any items

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Version:

What is the bug:
When using IC2 with pulling upgrades together with jabba barrels or caches you are not able to input any items into the barrel/cache.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
A picture worth a thousand words...
yOkWFk

Let me explain what si going on here:
  • Setup
    • On the left is a Jabba Barrel with creative upgrades. Normal ducts to move items.
    • On the bottom row the barrels are upgraded with hopper facades to push ore into the macerator, then to pull out of the macerator the crushed iron ore. The bottom row, IC2 Neither pulls or pushes the items. All item movement is done by jabba.
    • The Top row IC2 is responsible for pulling items out of the barrels and pushing them into the emerald barrel.
  • Testing:
    • When starting, I ran only the bottom row. Everything works as expected, easily recognizable by the fact that their is crushed Iron ore in the emerald Barrel.
    • When the upgrades are placed into the Top row (IC2 Upgrades, Pulling Upgrade and Ejector Upgrade) the macerator WILL pull from the barrel. It just will not output into the Emerald barrel
  • Where Everything Breaks:
    • If you notice that the Resonant Servo on the creative barrel is stuffed? You can tell by the red outline.
    • Also notice that the two barrels on the left of the macerators (Both top and bottom) are not full....
  • Additional Points:
    • This does not just effect barrels, it also effect caches.
    • The effects are limited to the local area, they are world / dimension / server wide

What you don't see in this picture is time passing. This is after I put 9 stacks of stone into the top hopper.
LLLtX1

1. Barrels/caches will still input/output by hand.
  2. Normal automated means to remove from barrels/caches work
  3. you can no longer input into either AFTER IC2 pulls/ejects form a barrel until a game/server restart.
  4. If you did not remove the IC2 upgrades before restarting, the blocking effect happens immediately upon chunk load.

Reported to IC2

Last edited:

chaosblad3

Jul 29, 2019
Response from IC2 claims this was fixed in a version released a few weeks ago (no mention of which specifically and no recent changelogs to check).

@Watchful11 I believe you mentioned in that iridium thread that the next update is scheduled for Dec 1st, would be muchly appreciated if you could make sure it has the most recent ic2 version in it for then ;)

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Unless there's a reason not to, we always update mods to the latest recommended version. Update will be around the 1st. I think tfox changed his plans, or I had it wrong in the first place. As I understand it now, he's flying back on the 1st, but will work on the update on the 2nd.

Chocohead

Jul 29, 2019
Response from IC2 claims this was fixed in a version released a few weeks ago (no mention of which specifically and no recent changelogs to check).
Build 792 released 2 weeks and a day ago. 758 was released 4 months ago, no idea why a newer one wasn't being used in the first place.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Infinity is running 785, which was released 2 days before it was last updated in the pack. I am unsure why it was not updated with the 2.1.0 release, but that was before 792 came out.