Open 2.1.0: [2.1.2] Traveller's Belt crash the game

Bomberman2010

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
i have build a Traveller's Belt an if i use the key, my game close

i have change the chat key on Enter so i have no other key on T... and T i use for Traveller's Belt

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
Can not replicate the issue.
Running perfectly fine on 2.1.2 with the key rebound to "X".
Both expert mode and on a server.

Last edited:

ZakZak001

Jul 29, 2019
Having the same Issue. Infinity Evolved 2.1.2 in Expert mode. I tried changing the keybind to X and it still crashes my client. Playing on a server, in case that matters too. I even tried it with my inventory, hotbar, etc empty (no armor or baubles even) in case it was having an issue with some piece of equipment, but it didn't help.

I'm guessing it's either an Expert mode bug or a MP-only bug? *shrug*

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
A crashlog would be helpful.
Bomberman2010, you can find it at E:\Minecraft\FTB\FTBInfinity\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2015-11-16_21.05.38-client.txt

cybermind

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this is the same problem as the bug thread named "2.1.0: Traveler's Gloves Crashes Client"

I posted a fix to that thread. It has to do with the expert mode Traveller's gear being crafted without Tinkers-specific NBT tags (or rather, any NBT tags at all). If the gear is crafted in normal mode, or it was crafted before the recipe change (2.1.0?), or is spawned in creatively, it works fine. If it was crafted in expert mode with the new recipe, the game will crash.

Since the code for the belt creates the needed tag (assuming there is already a base NBT tag compound already on the item) as the belt is swapped, you should be able to rename the belt in an anvil to get it to swap for now. (Renaming in an anvil creates a base NBT tag compound which stops the crash) If you don't want to keep the item renamed, you can rename it back by just leaving the anvil's text field blank.