Client Crash when using ME Terminal

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
V

Vlaidin

Title:
Client Crash when using ME Terminal
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Evolved
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
My client crashes when using the ME Terminal and typing in the word "export". As soon as you type ex it crashes.
I created a Wireless ME Terminal, when i try to right click with it in my hotbar the client will crash also.
Paste in the log link is from it crashing in the Wireless ME Terminal.

This was happening in 2.5.0 server and client. I updated both server and client to 2.6.0 and the issue still happens.

Verified client crashes on 2 different computers and also updated Java.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
It's a rendering error that is probably caused by an item from another mod.
It's a very general crash that does not reference a lot of non-vanilla Minecraft or Forge code.
Just this line in AE2, but that just confirms that the problem happens when you're in the Applied Energistics gui.

I think the easiest way of finding out what mod that item or those items are from, is by making a backup of your worlds and then removing your mods half by half as described here under culprit filtering.

V

Vlaidin

It's a rendering error that is probably caused by an item from another mod.
It's a very general crash that does not reference a lot of non-vanilla Minecraft or Forge code.
Just this line in AE2, but that just confirms that the problem happens when you're in the Applied Energistics gui.

I think the easiest way of finding out what mod that item or those items are from, is by making a backup of your worlds and then removing your mods half by half as described here under culprit filtering.
Thank you, i'll give that a shot when i have some time.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
If he had Optifine installed, then it would at least have been mentioned in his log once.

That's all I was trying to say.

As for the 10GB of RAM. I missed that. That could definitely cause problems with Java. Especially if his system doesn't have ten gigs in the first place. Not relevant to this issue. I should go sleep.

Last edited:
V

Vlaidin

When taking out some mods, sometimes forge complains about it not being there, so i add it back in. Other times the game just crashes when trying to load minecraft. This is frustrating and takes a long time, even with a very fast computer.

Do you think this would work?
On my saved copy of the game switch to creative mode, then setup a separate ME system with 63 Deep Storage Units. I'll take each 64k ME Storage drive out until the game stops crashing. Then, i can export all items from that 64k unit into the deep storage units. In theory the new ME system will crash when trying to access the DSU with the offending item. I can then chuck that DSU into a lava lake.(After i make a filter for that item to go into a void chest.)

BTW switching to 4096MB ram for java had zero effects. My system has 16GB of RAM total, so 10GB allocated to java isn't an issue.

Last edited:

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Like I said in my guide on the MC forums, you should only remove mods with their dependencies as a group at once.

Your other proposed method would probably take longer, since you'd still need to restart your Minecraft after it crashes, which would be six times at least? That is six times loading all mods, while the "remove half of the mods" method, would only have you need to load twice the total number of mods you have in total at maximum.

A better way would be to view every storage cell separately in an ME chest, because you'd probably only crash once.

V

Vlaidin

Like I said in my guide on the MC forums, you should only remove mods with their dependencies as a group at once.

Your other proposed method would probably take longer, since you'd still need to restart your Minecraft after it crashes, which would be six times at least? That is six times loading all mods, while the "remove half of the mods" method, would only have you need to load twice the total number of mods you have in total at maximum.

A better way would be to view every storage cell separately in an ME chest, because you'd probably only crash once.
I didn't think of a ME chest (I'm still a modded noob..)

There are ~174 mods in the Infinity Evolved pack. I didn't see an easy way to spot which ones were dependencies.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Yeah, I've built my own packs for over a year now, so I know most dependencies by heart.
I shouldn't assume everyone does.
Good luck finding that one drive. :D

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Advanced solar panels? Really? Another issue with that mod?

Am I correct in assuming that you were "pumping" the items into a Draconic chest?

V

Vlaidin

Advanced solar panels? Really? Another issue with that mod?

Am I correct in assuming that you were "pumping" the items into a Draconic chest?

That is correct, I was able to transfer the following items:
Note Block 25
Mushroom 40
Molecular Transformer 227
Molecular Transformer 227:7

After that, the server crashed. I logged back in, took the 64k storage cell out of the ME IO Port, inserted it again then the game crashed again.

I just removed the AdvancedSolarPanel-1.7.10-3.5.1.jar mod and fired the game up. There were zero issues. Any idea where i go from here?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
You have a backup of that world, right?

Could you put that storage cell in your inventory (having advanced solars installed) and share your player data file with us?

I think this needs to be reported to the Infinity pack team.

V

Vlaidin

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
My guess is that the item ID of the item that's causing you trouble, is
228:5 or 1359:5
Could you tell me whether either of these are an Advanced Solars item?

EDIT: I recon it's the first, since it seems that AE sorts its items in its storage cells in ascending item ID order and when emptying the cells, takes out the first item first.

Last edited:
V

Vlaidin

My guess is that the item ID of the item that's causing you trouble, is
228:5 or 1359:5
Could you tell me whether either of these are an Advanced Solars item?

EDIT: I recon it's the first, since it seems that AE sorts its items in its storage cells in ascending item ID order and when emptying the cells, takes out the first item first.
228:5 isn't listed in NEI. There are a few 228: items, they are Advanced Solar items.

1359:5 is Firestone Ore (Railcraft)

http://i.imgur.com/brYVezt.png