152ngt aluminium ?? [Solved]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

spardha

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Playing 152ngt, trying to progress but can't find aluminium. I'm very early in and mining around Y:10/12 but just haven't found any. Would like to be able to use tinkers but can't without the aluminium. Can anybody tell me where I'm going wrong.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
tinkers ores can spawn in gravel on surface & alu is pretty easy to find that way, for the small amount needed at start, as to under ground I have not noticed any real pattern to alu spawning.

spardha

Jul 29, 2019
I just find it weird that Ive found 2 pieces of Aluminium Ore, but a stack of Diamonds. Surely Alu shouldn't be that hard to find??

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I actually wish I could help you more. I have a spreadsheet to map ore heights for my personal modpack, but I don't play with Tinker's Construct so I don't know the height band for TC aluminium. As egor66 said above though, if it spawns on the surface then you should probably start at sea level (and dig up all the gravel you can find).

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I might be wrong, but I don't believe the gravel ores have anything to do with gravel. I've never seen gravel ore next to gravel, it's always just by itself.

I haven't seen gravel aluminum ore, either. Maybe I'm just unlucky. Actually, I haven't seen any aluminum at all. Wonder how it ended up in my ME system.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen gravel aluminum ore, either. Maybe I'm just unlucky. Actually, I haven't seen any aluminum at all. Wonder how it ended up in my ME system.

171413.jpg

spardha

Jul 29, 2019
Just annoying really as I'd like to use tinkers to craft some tools but without Aluminium its not possible.

Vovegog

Jul 29, 2019
You know, some ores spawn as high up as Y 75. So you should try mining a little higher. Strip mine from lvl 70 and down. I found a stack of aluminium after two days (IRL days). Didn't play very much either. As for your diamonds, how the fuck did you do that? xD
I had to get fortune 3 pick before I was able to find more than 2 diamonds. Then I found 10 diamond ores, and I now have a stack.
Fortune 3 <3

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I find it mostly at layer 60-ish. Explore a cave instead of digging.

And... Use OREBERRIES

Vovegog

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, oreberries are awesome. I've found enough of them to make a wall of aluminium-oreberries. Got a lot of stacks of the berries, haven't been bothered to make something of them. :p But yes, they are a great source. They're mostly found deep down though, near lava lakes.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, oreberries are awesome. I've found enough of them to make a wall of aluminium-oreberries. Got a lot of stacks of the berries, haven't been bothered to make something of them. :p But yes, they are a great source. They're mostly found deep down though, near lava lakes.

I did find clusters of them in a lava lake once, but most of them aren't.

Vovegog

Jul 29, 2019
I said *near* lava lakes. :) Like, everything from inside them to 20-30 blocks away. That's where I've found all of mine, anyway.

Reactions: Riuga

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Just annoying really as I'd like to use tinkers to craft some tools but without Aluminium its not possible.

You can use Gold to make the casts.

Steel is a great metal for early tool heads, if I'm not mistaken then it even mines Cobalt.
(And if you don't have a blast furnace yet, dungeons and villages often have steel tools, weapons and armor in their chests. These can be smelted into steel bars.)

Reactions: Riuga

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
this is just speculation, but I wonder if TC ore generation mechanics dont follow conventional rules. the gravel nodes mimic oreberries in placement and both only seem to spawn in open areas like a flower or mushroom would, not as a replacer for stone or gravel. if this is the case, then quarrying for it would be very unproductive because it is likely only found in open caves or on the surface. a very bass-ackwards way of implementing ore generation but meh

Vovegog

Jul 29, 2019
this is just speculation, but I wonder if TC ore generation mechanics dont follow conventional rules. the gravel nodes mimic oreberries in placement and both only seem to spawn in open areas like a flower or mushroom would, not as a replacer for stone or gravel. if this is the case, then quarrying for it would be very unproductive because it is likely only found in open caves or on the surface. a very bass-ackwards way of implementing ore generation but meh
Yes, the gravel-ore is basically there if you don't want to risk going underground. Just spelunk enough on the surface and you'll get enough to start, most likely.

spardha

Jul 29, 2019
Ive setup some mining turtles a few chunks away from my base/house and started mining around Y 60 and they have come back with some Aluminium Ore. :):)

Also I didn't realize when casting in TC you put the wooden stencil and pour on to that instead of casting a blank casting and trying to use it in the stencil tool.....