1000 things to do in Modded mc.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Replace fuse is an understatement; I was thinking melt it down and start over. You'll recover most the metal.
Honestly that depends how much power it took over it's limit. If it's a relatively minor amount, you should be able to just flip a breaker and you'd be fine. Say, IC2 LV to IC2 MV? Yeah, replace some fuses(and maybe some internal parts). Above that? It's slag now. Most of the metal is a gross overestimation. Unless you have a GT machine able to process that, expect to get about 20% of the usable metal and 80% "maybe can be salvaged" after processing the slag. You'd have to run the "maybe salvageable" stuff through a recycler of some sort. Add things purifiers, reducers, and oxidizers and you might be able to get 50% of that back.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I'm not emulating reality with this; I was trying to keep it kinda simple so its easier to implement and use.
Something like 'damaged machine hull' is smelted into 7 ingots (7/8ths of the metal used in it).
A machine capable of handling byproducts (2-3 output slots- like as a pulveriser ect) would make this a bit easier; crush up an old circuit to return some piles of iron and copper dust.​

(Gtech is a different ball entirely; given you can use different metals for machine hulls. A salvaging mechanic would be awesome, but it'll take a lot more tinkering with the core mod)

I think its more a case of borrowing an idea from reality, and reworking the mechanics to suit the game.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I could be mistaken a bit, but wasn't this the thread to list 1000 things to do in modded minecraft?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I could be mistaken a bit, but wasn't this the thread to list 1000 things to do in modded minecraft?
4ef9e31260d091d0463576b5e1d63523e041ff0d.png

See, this is the Feed the Beast forums. If a topic manages to stay on topic for more then a page before getting derailed it's a bit of a miracle. We always have tons of things to talk about, and rarely bother to try to find a more accurate place to post our thought, so we tend to derail threads quite often since the derail is usually only slightly off topic... at first.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm aware of that. Usually the topic changes fluently but this time it stayed on realism in IC2 for nearly two pages o_O.
That's what made me wonder :D

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well I can now check "set up a quarry over a twilight forest hollow hill" off my to-do list. Ive always wanted to do that. Ill never run a quarry any other way again.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'm aware of that. Usually the topic changes fluently but this time it stayed on realism in IC2 for nearly two pages o_O.
That's what made me wonder :D
Derails do not always stack, and they often self-right around these parts too, so this is nothing new.

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
*offtopic on my own thread*
I think that maaaybe on like ''ic2 easy mode'' or ''Gt easy mode'' (Make it happen greggy)
If you overload a machine with EU, it should just break and return a damaged hull or something which you can wrench/hammer/metalform togheter with 6 iron plates to repair it.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
See, this is the Feed the Beast forums. If a topic manages to stay on topic for more then a page before getting derailed it's a bit of a miracle. We always have tons of things to talk about, and rarely bother to try to find a more accurate place to post our thought, so we tend to derail threads quite often since the derail is usually only slightly off topic... at first.

@Sidorion Oh, and we never actually agree on anything either.
I don't know how JadedCat puts up with us on a day-to-day basis.