Problem 100% CPU usage FTB Ultimate?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

supernerdyharry

Jul 29, 2019
Okay i have been running a ftb ultimate pack server for the 2 days now and there is 100% CPU usage there is allot of the lag but the lag can stop for a while then start again. There are around 10 people always one the server.

The server has a 2.9 GHZ cpu with 6 cores
currently 8GB ram dedicated just to the ftb server.

Im not sure why it is lagging but when I first made the server mystcraft was enabled I have recently disabled it.
Another thing I may have spawned in a few of those trees called the tree or time and tree of mining that says it could damage the world use with caution.
I have also noticed it tends to mainly lag when people are generating new chunks.
I have around 20 plugins all plugins seem to be working fine.
Another thing is from the dedicated server I set up multicraft on it to run the server and that says 100% CPU usage most of the time.

talenemrys

Jul 29, 2019
I've found that chunk generation hits the resources HARD on my server. That said, I'm using much lower specs than you.. Perhaps try and remove the trees that haven't been finished yet? I can't imagine that WIP items will be doing any favours ;)

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Consider if you really want Twilight Forest, it hurts performance I found, and by a noticeable margin. You mentioned using Bukkit plugins via MCPC+. I suggest worldborder, make a border then run the fill command.