• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Depends how much you upgrade the powersuit.

And given you've made it to endgame Gregtech- you should already have a suitable logistic/AE/autocrafter system in place to deal with the endless chain of crafting. Its a drop in the ocean compared to the fusion reactor (which would be very tedious if I built it manually)

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
Other mods may have cloned parts of it, but I liked Eloraam's overall style to her mod. I felt that ComputerCraft computers were more flexible, but there was something about having a "real" computer to play with which appealed to me, especially from having experience with 6502 chips and assembly. I'd also enjoy seeing what she had in mind for blutricity, because it had a lot of potential. I don't really think she's coming back, though, especially after a clone has become so commonly used, even here on FTB.

Pahimar has been working for a long time on that new system for transmutation in EE, so that should be interesting. I was just wishing that I could transmute some things I didn't need the other day.

SpaceToad's return has resulted in new features for BuildCraft already, so it's exciting to think what he'll have in store in the near future, and hopefully till 1.8 and beyond. I'm going to grab the alpha version to mess around with here soon.

Thaumcraft seems to have cemented itself down with some pretty great additions, but I don't think he'll ever stop redoing it until he's perfected the research system. That might mean another total overhaul, and if I had to bet, I'd say that would probably be sometime around 1.8 as well. But that's fine, it's always interesting to see how he reimagines the mod. He's another of those modders who just has a particular style which could never be cloned.

I'm sure there's others I could think of, but that's enough for now!

Reactions: Pokefenn

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Thaumcraft seems to have cemented itself down with some pretty great additions, but I don't think he'll ever stop redoing it until he's perfected the research system. That might mean another total overhaul, and if I had to bet, I'd say that would probably be sometime around 1.8 as well.
I'm quite happy with the current research system.

Reactions: BreezyTaco

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Are you referring to the newest 4.1 method? I haven't even gotten around to trying that one yet!

Everytime I see new Thaumcraft Research and progress I always think this is amazing and its impossible to do better, well now i dont really know what to expect from Azanor, except COOL Particles.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Everytime I see new Thaumcraft Research and progress I always think this is amazing and its impossible to do better, well now i dont really know what to expect from Azanor, except COOL Particles.
I wasn't a big fan of the rune-moving system. The impossible puzzles were a bit annoying, and the game did get boring before I'd even finished half the research. I've only done about five instances of the new hex based research, not sure whether it will get boring or not, but it's a big improvement.

Reactions: FyberOptic

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't a big fan of the rune-moving system. The impossible puzzles were a bit annoying, and the game did get boring before I'd even finished half the research. I've only done about five instances of the new hex based research, not sure whether it will get boring or not, but it's a big improvement.

Agreed, I didn't care a lot for the runes either. I thought I was being a total idiot when I couldn't figure one of them out, until I posted it here and someone pointed out that some of them are simply unsolvable. But, compared to the destroy-countless-items-by-pressing-a-button method used before, it was still a step up. I'm more interested to try this newer one now.

Reactions: BreezyTaco

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't have a problem with the resource cost per se, it got a bit annoying with non-stackable items, but I had no inclination to do it without a guide. The new system needs no guide so that's a huge step forward.

I did it without a guide the first time through on that version. I didn't make that mistake twice!

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I'd prefer a mix of the two;
Scan items for initial points, which you then sacrifice old style.
If you run out of points, then burn items to get more.​
Deconstruction Tables
I honestly was thinking of an upgrade where you switch between sll primals or including compunds

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I just want bug fixes and performance improvements. The lengths I have to go to for a stable 120 FPS is outrageous.

If I had to pick some new content I would really like to see a well documented mod for manipulating a players inventory. I wouldn't mind seeing Gregtech become IC2 independent or optional. I vastly prefer the RF power system but still enjoy some Gregtech mechanics and machines.

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
My 1.8 wishes for Feed The Beast are:
-New Feed The Beast maps for all of us too play.
-Perhaps a bigger more extensive mod pack for all of us content seeker's who's computers can handle it.