[1.8] Bleeding Edge (Latest and Greatest)

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
BE420x200Splash_zps8wmotasp.png

Bleeding Edge is one of the first 1.8 modpacks and contains over 40 latest version mods. Automate all the things with BetterChests, Progressive Autmation, and Enhanced Spawners. Decorate your world with new blocks from Igneous additions, Galactic colored blocks, and Mr.Crayfish's Furniture mod, or just have some necessitates like crafting tables that keep their inventories or diamond chests for storage rooms. It's up to you.

Pack Code = Bleeding

Mods-

Aroma1997s Dimensional World
AromaBackup
BaM's Grave
BetterChests
Bison
Clay WorldGen
Convenient Recipes
Custom NPCs
DamageIndicators
DenseOres
Emerald and Obsidian Armor Tools
Enhanced Spawners 2
Equivalence
Fast Leaf Decay
Galactic Colored Blocks
Glass Shards
Hopper Ducts
Igneous Additions
IronChests
JACB
Magic Clover
More Enchantments
MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod
Not Enough Items
Pocket Nether Link
Portable Crafting Bench
Progressive Automation
Quartz and Prismarine Armor and Tools
Redstone Paste
Roadblocks
Roguelike Dungeons
Simple Refinement
Slime Dungeons
Sound Filters
Vein Miner
Waila
Xaero's Minimap
Zombie Steaks

Keep in mind as all of these are alpha, or beta versions bugs may arise. Known ones are-
WAILA options/box zonky at times
Custom Npcs make the world see through on looking at them
Searching for an item in the creative menu crashes the game
Various Lighting Bugs
Derpy slime blocks (will be fixed in the next update)
If you find another please report it to the mod author to help with bug fixes.

New mods will be added as they are updated and created. If you feel one should be added feel free to post it here and I will look into it. Enjoy!​

Reactions: Pyure and Syntaxial

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
I'll just stick with Infinity for now, but Better chests o_O I didn't know that became a 1.8 mod, I absoloutely LOVE it

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
This is cool I have only seen one other 1.8 third party modpack good for you.:D
Thanks! I figured there were enough mods that it was time.

I'll just stick with Infinity for now, but Better chests o_O I didn't know that became a 1.8 mod, I absoloutely LOVE it

Yea, you can do so much with them and enhanced spawners. Grinders, auto item pickup, cobble/stone gen. It's a very cool mod to have for 1.8 with the small amount currently around.

Syntaxial

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, a mod pack that includes Igneous Additions! :D

Thank you for that, I'll start using it as a test platform.

(I'll be releasing Igneous Additions 1.1 either tonight or tomorrow, no big changes, mostly configuration and a few fixes for bugs that nobody has found yet)

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, a mod pack that includes Igneous Additions! :D

Thank you for that, I'll start using it as a test platform.

(I'll be releasing Igneous Additions 1.1 either tonight or tomorrow, no big changes, mostly configuration and a few fixes for bugs that nobody has found yet)
Thanks for the great mod! I'll make sure to update it then in 1.0.1.

Reactions: Syntaxial

Syntaxial

Jul 29, 2019
All good :) I just noticed that you have 0.9.2 in the pack - If 1.1 is delayed, 1.0 is already out

No bugs were in the client, but some servers failed when trying to start - Just in case anybody starts complaining in here. I guess it's not like any big servers will start using 1.8 for at least a few weeks, though <,<

---------

Also, a crash report (I noticed this in another pack that did 1.8 mods, too) - One of the mods has an issue with the achievements page rendering an invalid item. It's pretty much impossible to debug, because the crash report doesn't actually mention which page it is trying to view.

If I get some time tonight, I'll go through and work out which mod is doing it. Hopefully it's not mine :p

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
This is basically an enhancement to vanilla 1.8. Honestly i like simple packs just as much as complex ones.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
This is basically an enhancement to vanilla 1.8. Honestly i like simple packs just as much as complex ones.
Yes, nothing game changing so much as convenient or helpful. I'm developing a mod now for the pack that will add some machines and ore doubling mechanics, but it will probably remain pretty small until 1.8 becomes more stable.

Syntaxial

Jul 29, 2019
Do I smell a server up in hur? ;3

Flora, what have I told you about wearing pants in public? You don't want Keith to get another nosebleed, do you? :p

(A server would be nice)

Yes, nothing game changing so much as convenient or helpful. I'm developing a mod now for the pack that will add some machines and ore doubling mechanics, but it will probably remain pretty small until 1.8 becomes more stable.

Sounds like fun :) Just in case you haven't seen already, I released IA 1.1 a few days ago. I forgot to find the mod causing the crash, I'll do it this afternoon. Sorry :(

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
There may be a server once I make sure it is SMP stable... :D

No problem. I'll update the mod in the 1.0.1 along with the addition of Backtools and Phoenix-Utilties. ;)

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Note to people who are prone to seizures or related things- do not go to the nether. I understand it says "various lighting bugs" under known bugs, but it is more than that in the nether. It is like a constant strobe. Once this bug is fixed ignore this, and i would not go to there anyway because it is unplayable. But that is to be expected i suppose.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Note to people who are prone to seizures or related things- do not go to the nether. I understand it says "various lighting bugs" under known bugs, but it is more than that in the nether. It is like a constant strobe. Once this bug is fixed ignore this, and i would not go to there anyway because it is unplayable. But that is to be expected i suppose.
^ This is why pocket nether is included. :D The nether is pretty rough right now.

Yakman123

Jul 29, 2019
I did some testing and apparently it is WAILA that is doing it. I took out all the mods except WAILA and it still flickered in the nether...

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I did some testing and apparently it is WAILA that is doing it. I took out all the mods except WAILA and it still flickered in the nether...
Ah Waila seems very buggy atm then. I wonder if the latest versions are any better. Thanks for testing.

UnD3adLegacy

Jul 29, 2019
Flora, what have I told you about wearing pants in public? You don't want Keith to get another nosebleed, do you? :p

(A server would be nice)

Sounds like fun :) Just in case you haven't seen already, I released IA 1.1 a few days ago. I forgot to find the mod causing the crash, I'll do it this afternoon. Sorry :(
I can do what I want D:

Reactions: Syntaxial

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs have something to do with the lighting bugs. Not sure exactly how or if its a mod instead, but i took out waila and the blazes and pigmen were making the lighting errors. Also the blaze spawner did so too.

Syntaxial

Jul 29, 2019
The black disk around the sun bug is WAILA, caused by leaking GL constants in Minecraft itself. I'm attempting to fix it, otherwise I'll just report what I found and see if ProfMobius can work it out. I'm not sure if the other lighting bugs are the same, sorry

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for bug-testing! I dont think any of the mods affect mobs iirc.

Man, WAILA is a pain right now then. Shame since it is nice if wasn't so buggy. It alone is prolly accounting for most of the lighting bugs.