[1.8.9] E-Flux, a brand-new challenging tech mod!

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, and welcome to E-Flux, the brand-new 1.8.9 tech-mod!

rWWlFvi.png

E-Flux aims to be a little bit different than most tech mods, with a completely new and challenging power system, multiblocks, and much more!

Short introduction:
E-Flux has a brand-new power system with 2 variables, RP (Redstone Potential) and EF (Energetic Flux). All machines have a certain RP value at which they wish to operate, big machines, like grinders typically want a high RP, whilst "sensitive" circuitry wants a low RP. If the RP value of your power grid exceeds the tolerance of the machine, it will break, and you will have to repair it. If you multiply RP with EF, you have the "energy", machines do not care how much EF they get, most will compensate a low RP value with an high EF draw.

rs0azbc.png

Machines:
E-Flux has a wide variety of machines, with many more to come! Some of them are:
-A multiblock grinder, compressor, furnace and (mining)laser.
-A new fancy way of loading your chunks. (See wiki for more info)
-Tezzzzzla coils
-Generatiors
-A special way to move entire structures. (See wiki for more info)
-A completely new way to process your ores, just grinding it is not good enough, you will have to scan, clean and purify your ores before you can use them!

toQ1LFb.png

Please remember that this mod is in an alpha stage, and even though it already has quite a lot of content, it is still feature-incomplete, there is much more to come!

More information can be found on the wiki-page!

Notes:
-This mod is in an alpha stage, it might eat your world.
-Yes, you can use this in your modpack
-E-Flux also has an IRC-channel: #EFlux

Download:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/e-flux

If you have any suggestions, please post them here
635356669596273706.png

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with Red here, makes using BC and IC2 a pain in the ass. Try looking up pump in NEI and tell me you can tell the difference quickly anc at a glance which is which.
IMO each mod should have it's own distinct style so each component is distinguishable from each other.

As for this mod, I will be watching it's development. @Elec332

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I still haven't gotten my new PC setup, but this mod is at the top of my list once I get situated.

Reactions: Elec332

CyanideX

Jul 29, 2019
No offense but those textures look exactly like Big Reactors blocks.

No offense taken. Although it is only the base color that resembles Big Reactors. Everything else from elements to base design has existed in Unity for some time now.