[1.8.9] [60 Mods]Tainted Lands - Next Gen Magic Pack

What should the pack be called?

• Magica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rituals (most magic in the pack is ritual based)

• Tainted Lands (most magical biomes are dark and evil)

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Arcane Realm

• Total voters

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Changing this from a futuristic pack to a 1.8.9 Magic Pack! Yes, a next gen magic pack! WOOHOO!

So far I have all the core magic mods picked out and while it does have thaumcraft, it also contains a god amount of new magic mods as well as some updated ones! I currently have a working early version of the pack and am working to add in more world gen, more challenges, and more utilities.

The core magic mods include:
Abyssal Craft
Arcane Arts
Archmagus
Aura Cascade
Botania
Blood Magic
Ebon Arts
Evil Craft
Intangible
Psi (Freaking love this one)
Runes of Wizardry
Talismans 2
Thaumcraft
Warp Books

The pack has no name but I will continue to work on it until it is a presentable pack.

It may not be a very large pack due to the lack of smaller filler mods available for 1.8.9. But there will be plenty to do and explore!

o_O holy cow... what are the chances to get a crimson portal right on spawn, that's insane! Interesting testing out the early builds lol

Last edited:

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap Psi is a very powerful magic mod! After playing around with it for hours I can only ask WHY HAS NO ONE MADE A PACK WITH IT YET!? The ability to make nearly any kind of spell you can think of from extremely simple to WTF complex. I think I have a new favorite magic mod!

Some of my favorite spells I've made so far are a ranged AOE lightning spell, explode nearby enemy, and an automatic mining spell which acts like a infinite durability tool with insane range. As well as giving spell effects to tools and swords. LOVE IT

Last edited:

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Adding in Evil Craft and Intangible cause they look REALLY fun.

Edit: AH I found the 1.8 port for botania, it was hiding!

Last edited:
Reactions: Greystoke

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Well this bites... A certain mod that I put in for beautiful terrain generation breaks the game when dealing with double tall flowers at world gen where it replaces the bottom 1/2 but not the top 1/2 and when you look at these glitched flowers it crashes the game... I might have to remove all double tall vanilla flowers from world gen to keep the rest of the beautiful terrain as it is meant to be, I'd hate to have to remove the mod causing the problem because it looks soo beautiful

Edit: Well I fixed the problem, but terrain looks slightly less awesome because of it :/

Last edited:

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Added Archimedes' Ships Plus so You can make Mobile Blood Magic Quarries, saw a tutorial on it and since it's the only decent quarry in the pack but has limited range this should make gathering resources easier.

Edit: Also added Ebon Arts for more diverse ore generation and a few extra magical tools and items

Last edited:

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the Splash and Icon for the pack

TaintedLandsSplash.png
icon.png

Reactions: Pie_addict