Mod Feedback [1.8.9][1.7.10] Restructured Info/Support

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Restructured

sample.png

Restructured uses schematics produced by tools like WorldEdit in order to enhance village and world generation. The installation package includes the Restructured jar as well as some schematics and configuration to get you started.

Restructured is designed so that it can be a server side mod. This will allow servers that use mainstream modpacks to enhance their world with additional world gen without requiring players to install a one off mod. Restructured can also be included in modpacks so that modpack authors can provide additional content.

There are ALPHA versions for Restructured for Minecraft/Forge 1.8.9. The feature set mirrors the 1.7.10 release. Though it is an ALPHA it should be stable/functional.

Downloads
You can find official downloads on the CurseForge page for the mod.

Donations
I am fortunate in life and I believe in paying it forward. Instead of asking for donations, I ask that you give to causes that improve the world, or to volunteer locally.

Last edited:

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Restructured v.1.0.1 RETAIL released!
Starting with this release there will be two downloads available. The first is the jar file itself, and the second is a schematic resource pack. In the long run these two can vary quite a bit and it made sense to split. Also it helps 3rd party content creators because they can come up with their own schematic packs to use rather than using the one provided.

Have content you want to donate?
If you have a schematic for a build that you have created and want to donate to the default Schematic Pack send me a PM with a link to the schematic file as well as any pertinent configuration information. For me to accept the schematic keep in mind the following:
  • Be reasonable about the size.
  • The schematic is being placed into the public domain where others can freely use the schematic, even if it isn't with the Restructured mod.
  • Don't copy existing schematics and offer them as your own.
  • Don't use expensive blocks. That temple made of gold and diamond blocks may look real nice, but can screw up game balance for a world.
  • Though the schematics can contain entities (mobs, item frames, spawners, etc.) keep in mind balance.
  • If you have chests be careful about the content. The content is transcribed when loaded and avoid putting in expensive stuff.
  • Only use vanilla items when making the build. Modded items fail quite a bit when loading into a different world because of "id" mismatches and whether that particular mod is part of a pack.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Restructure updated to v1.0.1.1
  • Fixes an NPE reported via OpenEye. This release should be picked up to prevent sporadic server crashes.
NOTE: You don't need to update the SchematicPack if you already have it installed. If you haven't installed the SchematicPack, or you haven't provided your own structures Restructured will not do anything. :)

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Restructured v1.0.1.2 now available!
  • Message player when logging into a local world if Restructured did not load any schematics. Usually means a SchematicPack is not installed.
  • Added terrain themes for Forest biomes (Birch, Jungle, Roofed, Taiga) and Savanna biomes. (Terrain themes swap out blocks in a schematic based on the biome the structure is in.)
  • Internal code refactor/cleanup.
NOTE: Currently experiencing derpiness with CurseForge file uploads so the SchematicPack is currently not available via CurseForge. I have a support ticket open - not sure how long it will take to resolve. Until then you can find it on Github.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Restructured v1.0.2.0 now available!
  • NEW: Config options to change frequency of village generation
  • FIXED: Cleaned up erroneous configuration file entries
  • OpenEye: Provide concurrency guard on world structure generation
  • CHANGED: Miscellaneous code cleanup and tweaks
Make sure you backup your saves prior to deploying this or any other mod. Don't forget to install a SchematicPack if you haven't done so already.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Thanks. :) I worry, though, how many folks realize that they have to also install the schematics for it to do anything.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
I do post a message to the player when they launch their game that it couldn't find schematics. I would include directly in the jar, but I wanted it so that pack authors can create their own content and not necessarily rely on what I provide. It's a problem I am still mulling over how best to handle.

Reactions: dragon_fang101

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
I love this mod Orecruncher! (Your others as well).
I like having variety in villagers and I usually find one to build my base around, so having many different types of buildings keeps it interesting. Once I learn how, I'm going to create additional buildings to add to your pack.
Would it be possible to incorporate what buildings you have in the schematic pack into your mod and then have your mod look into a particular folder for anything a player has added? Then a config that would tell the mod to use players own buildings in place of yours or in addition to yours?

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
This is what I have been thinking. A SchematicPack would be a ZIP containing schematics and configurations. During mod initialization it would enumerate the ZIPs, and fold all the data together. This way you can have packs from different sources.

Reactions: glepet1962

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Restructured v1.0.3.0BETA now available!

Release Summary

THIS VERSION CHANGES HOW SCHEMATICS ARE STORED/READ FROM THE CONFIGURATION. Please read the installation instructions carefully before deploying!
  • ADDED: Ability to read schematic configuration information from ZIP files. This eases deployment of 3rd party Schematic Packs. Multiple Schematic Packs can be installed at the same time.
  • ADDED: The Standard Schematic Pack is embedded in the Restructured Jar file. If the mod detects that there are no ZIPs or schematic files in the ./minecraft/config/restructured directory it will automatically copy the standard ZIP. No additional installation steps are required if this is the only pack needed.
This is a BETA release and can change. Make sure you backup your saves before deploying this or any other mod. Instructions on how to create your own Schematic Pack can be found here.

Reactions: glepet1962

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
If anyone does develop a Schematic Pack for Restructured send me a PM with a link and I can add it to the main post so others can find it.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Restructured v1.0.3.2 Release now available!

THIS VERSION CHANGES HOW SCHEMATICS ARE STORED/READ FROM THE CONFIGURATION.
Please read the installation instructions carefully before deploying!

Accumulated Release Summary
  • ADDED: Ability to read schematic configuration information from ZIP files. This eases deployment of 3rd party Schematic Packs. Multiple Schematic Packs can be installed at the same time.
  • ADDED: The Standard Schematic Pack is embedded in the Restructured Jar file. If the mod detects that there are no ZIPs or schematic files in the./minecraft/config/restructured directory it will automatically copy the standard ZIP. No additional installation steps are required if this is the only pack needed.
  • ADDED: Themes for Beaches and Mesas.
  • ADDED: When registering a theme check to see if it has a mutant counterpart ("M" biome)
  • ADDED: Theme vanilla structures during village generation
  • FIXED: Mod version string causing crash during online version check.
  • CHANGED: Streamlined world and village generation process for performance
  • CHANGED: Randomization of crops within schematics has been removed. Any installed mods can change out a crop using the biome generation event system.
Make sure you backup your saves before deploying this or any other mod. Instructions on how to create your own Schematic Pack can be found here.

Reactions: Wraithflay

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Restructured v1.0.4.1 Release now available!

Release Summary

Mob control!
  • Block Enderman block griefing and block destruction caused by creepers.
  • Adjustable values for increasing/decreasing global quantity of the different classes of mobs.
  • Configuration option to block mobs from spawning on trees
  • CHANGED: World structures should no longer spawn on areas that have too much water (Swampland and Forest lakes)
Make sure you back up your saves prior to installing this or any other mod update.