Open 1.8.2: BiomesOplenty and Thaumic Horizons Biome ID Conflict in Infinity 1.7.10 - 1.8.2

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Biomes O PLenty and Thaumic Horizons are using the same Biome ID which is causing the BiomesOPlenty Biome that uses ID 69 to be ruined. The biome will be listed as "Pocket Plane" in f3 and the dirt will be some type of stary black or invisible block that will kill you if you touch it.

Thaumic Horizons doesn't currently have a Config file so I tried changing the ID for Biomes O Plenty ID 69 to 219 which was an open id according to an NEI dump. This didn't work though because the biomes chunks were already generated.

SO anyone with this pack will have one type of their BOP Biomes ruined.

Mod & Version:
thaumichorizons-1.7.10-1.1.6.jar, BiomesOPlenty-1.7.10-2.1.0.1067-universal.jar

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes Every FTB infinity 1.8.2 pack probably has this issue currently.

Known Fix:
Change the BOP ID for 69 to 219 or higher since Thaumic Horizons has no config file you cannot change the Biome ID it uses.

Changing BIome O Plenties Biome If from 69 to 219 or some other unused ID should prevent this from happening.

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into the same issue, deleted the region files for the area already generated before the ID conflict was fixed. All is well.

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
The main issue is that Thaumic Horizons doesn't have a config file, so you either have to change the BoP biome ID or disable Thaumic Horizons.

Does anyone know whether Forge will automatically reassign biome IDs that have moved when loading an existing world in the same way that it does with block and item IDs?

EDIT: I tested it and Forge will not do this, so if you change IDs around, your biomes will change unless you use some tool to edit the biome IDs in your save. If you change a biome ID and leave the original ID unassigned, then anything in your world with the now-unassigned biome ID will be overwritten with the Plains biome (or perhaps it's based on your seed; I'm not 100% sure).

I'm probably going to just disable TH until the mod maker gives it a config file and the FTB team gives it a unique biome ID.

Last edited:

Draradech

Jul 29, 2019
Bug exists in 1.9.0 as well, both single player and server affected.

I changed the id in BOPs config. To test effectiveness I recreated the world with the same seed and got a completely different world. Is this expected? If so, wouldn't a config change cause world generation edges in existing worlds?

What is the recommended way if I want to start a server now, to avoid possible future changes in world generation?

Btw. duplicate report: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ks-placed-on-world-gen-infinity-1-8-2.101321/