1.7 Modpacks and Servers Both Crashing

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eureka920

Jul 29, 2019
They each seem to work the first time they launch, but crash every time after that...

The crash reports seems to vary...

Which java should I be using?

I've tried both JRE 7 and 8, and both on their own and neither helps?

Fuzzbling

Jul 29, 2019
USA
With out those crash reports, there is nothing anyone can do to assist. Use pastebin or something equivalent and post a link to the latest client and server logs.

Eureka920

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried loading my direwolf20 server and the crash seems to be gone, however applied energistics seems not to be loaded... and ME conduit from enderIO.

'There are 143 missing blocks and items in this save... etc'

Its loaded in Singleplayer

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Did u load the world? If so I hope you have a backup otherwise all those blocks are gone...

Copy your world(hopefully the backup if you opened the world), re-download your modpack, launch it once, close minecraft , copy world back in and then try open it

Reactions: Fuzzbling

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, I'm really trying to help, but if you ignore my questions and just post crash reports I have no idea what is going on. Focus on one modpack at a time, go through methodically with me and we'll get it working.

That latest crash(no idea modpack etc etc etc), I see there's Optifine installed. Start with a CLEAN installation, NO changes, NOTHING added and get it running. Then we'll work up to restoring your instance how it was.

Reactions: Fuzzbling

Eureka920

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry about that - its just really frustrating when it crashes and I have no idea why

I've downloaded a clean install into a clean directory and it loads atm. (Direwolf20 1.7)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Haha yes it's intensely frustrating but you have to go step by step.

Ok cool, that's the first step!

What changes did you make to the pack? Just list them here, DON'T add anything yet.