zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: GreatOrator

Ogreboy

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: GreatOrator

tekkkie

Jul 29, 2019
What pack comes closed to the original FTB ultimate?
I really loved that pack, but is is kind of outdated. Are there any more recent packs that contain (roughly) the same mods?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I really loved that pack, but is is kind of outdated. Are there any more recent packs that contain (roughly) the same mods?
Resurrection will be a "replica" but that isn't available yet. Also, this is the wrong place to be asking about this, seeing as this thread is to discuss what 1.7 packs should be listed on the launcher

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
TolkienCraftII is a great pack Great Orator is constantly working on it keeping the mods up to date listening to player input and sometime asking player opinions before making changes but he is constantly expanding it and i have not even touched the surface of what hes done with it.

Jadzi

Jul 29, 2019
I would agree with the previous posters about nominating Wanderlust Reloaded. Personally, I love it because I'm a builder/decorator stlye player and it offers endless possibilities for me and my ilk. There really is something for every type - magic lovers, machinists, explorers, hoarders, etc etc. The mods included are well integrated with the environment (BoP) and also with other mods.

What makes it unique? It's a pack that single players and servers alike can run and enjoy long term. There are interesting quests and tons of items to search for and acquire. The modpack creator has carefully tweaked the balance of foodstuffs, ores, items etc so that the pack isn't able to be finished in an hour, but at the same time isn't so crazy difficult that it makes you not want to play ;) Additionally it has a great variety of mods, and not just the big standard ones. There are some smaller lesser known mods included that really make the pack fun and add great gameplay. Finally the creator is open to suggestions, explains their decisions, and is responsive to issues/bugs. Highly recommended!

Green Cow

Jul 29, 2019
Try using Tyro Carton, it is in beta and the name is not official yet, so any suggestions for names or new mods to add would be appreciated! But it is still a very fun pack and incorporates many of the same mods that were used in FTB Ultimate. This pack can be activated in the Third-Party packs using the code "Yoda" (Without the quotation marks).

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Count my vote (if we get one) for Wanderlust Reloaded. I liked the pack so much I've contributed to the development of it!

Reactions: Yulife

Wavebrother

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: xaositech

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
What I'd love to see is some kind of official page which lists the modpacks, and allows you to filter based on mods. For example, checking HQM in the do-not-want column will remove from the shown list all the modpacks with that mod, and checking the do-want column for Mekanism will now show all packs which do not have HQM and do contain Mekanism.
You already have the modpack changelog page(s) so maybe not too difficult? (I assume you'd need some kind of database for this on the backend).

Jake_Evans

Administrator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Oct 10, 2012
United Kingdom
jake-evans.net
What I'd love to see is some kind of official page which lists the modpacks, and allows you to filter based on mods. For example, checking HQM in the do-not-want column will remove from the shown list all the modpacks with that mod, and checking the do-want column for Mekanism will now show all packs which do not have HQM and do contain Mekanism.
You already have the modpack changelog page(s) so maybe not too difficult? (I assume you'd need some kind of database for this on the backend).

The changelogs are only made for the listed packs from what I know (unlisted packs may have their own changelogs but aren't on thee). There aren't dozens of packs that are listed anyway, so the filter thing would be a bit useless for a small amount of packs.

We don't manage changelogs or publicly listing (in any form) packs that are unlisted in the launcher. It's up to the pack author to do this on the forums or other means.

Recently the communities decided to list public unlisted packs in a spreadsheet (you can find it in the public packs section under the 3rd party stuff), some of the team add entries but we don't add all of the mods etc. but I'm sure something could be done about it.

I am developing something at the moment and I'll consider possibly implementing something like this but I'm not sure how it'd be done. Hopefully I can figure it out :3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.