[1.7.10][WIP] Industrial Warfare [Economy][Tech][Multiplayer][Mass-Automation]

T

TheGnome

Pictures in comment section! Will add more as time progresses.
Current progress:

(Done)Basic world template(worldpainter)
(...)Customising Terrain
(...)Tier 1-3 recipes (24/179 recipes done)
()Backstory/History
()NPC Towns+NPC simple quests and trading
()!SERVER LAUNCH!
()Building center city
()NPC complex quests and trading
()Tier 4-7 recipes(0/??? recipes done)
()Custom Planets

NB:
Before you read this page this pack is not released YET I'm still working on a lot of aspects this page is mainly to find others to help me create it. As well as give people a general idea of the pack. I'm also all ears for any ideas you have or changes you think would improve the pack. You can either message me or just post on the page.

What is this you say?(Short summary)

-Modpack primarily based on trade,automation, exploration and combat. I've included a detailed description of each down below.
-Almost everything is custom made, blocks, traps, terrain, the map, recipes and more.
-Has a post-apocalyptic theme and includes a bit of PVE but it primarily PVP.
-There are multiple processes for different resources to suit each player's game style. From simple everyday automated Minecraft farms and mining to complex circuits and machinery
-There will be a server with a custom map built purely from scratch.
-Although the map is custom made, the world is destructible. Yes, that means you can blow up those epic cities that probably took hours to make. Fear, not new players everyone will get a chance to see the world in its full glory as cities will be restored now and then. However mainly to give all players a chance see what happens when you set off an antimatter bomb in a skyscraper.
-Includes classic warfare mods such as ICBM, Flans as well as some new ones like techguns.

What can one do in such a modpack?
This is the second biggest aspect of the pack. However is the one I will be working the most on. I will be redoing every single recipe in the pack to better suit gameplay. I know it will be tough but I've already completed 100+ recipes and feel the rest won't take too long to complete. I will be creating multiple custom recipes for some of the more advanced items each differing slightly from each other. The players' goal will be to find a recipe that best suits the resources that are available in their nation. Now normally one would pull out NEI and look for the best recipe that way. However, that is not the case as in this pack all recipes must be unlocked through either exploration,trade or research. What you want to automate is up to you whether it is guns and ammo for your comrades, extraction of rare metals for production or food for the masses.
Trade is by far the biggest aspect of the pack. In this pack, everything is for sale at the right price, from ingots to factories to entire nations. Seeing as there will be no admin shop with infinite resources players will have to rely on their comrades for each of their specific needs. Machinery, as well as land, can be expensive and automation processes sometimes complex so it becomes hard for the player to self-produce all needed resources, Leading to the need to trade with others in order to acquire materials that are unavailable to you. To better explain here is an example
2.1Extraction of resources: As ore has become far too scarce the player must find a way to obtain much-needed metals either by purchasing or producing them her/himself. One way is to break down rocks to obtain the resources within. This specific process requires 3 steps that the rock must go through. However, the extraction of resources from rocks is one of the slowest and requires multiple machines for each step to actually show any progress. Leading to one needing large factories which can be expensive. The real challenge, however, is to obtain the rock in the first place. Mining with a stone pickaxe won't get you very far but if you work together with someone that has better tech such as quarries and high tire drills you will be able to save a lot of time as well as provide an efficient supply of rock to your factory that will better match the speed of processing the rock.
The theme of the world will be post-apocalyptic similar to fallout 4, Dayz or 7 days to die. Exploration is encouraged in this pack as it will be to your advantage. The map will be custom made from scratch(ie flatland!), world painter will be used for terrain however cities will be made in the game by hand to give each city a unique feel. By exploring not only are you able to seek out the positions of enemy bases, cords which in some cases could be worth a fortune, you will also be able to uncover once lost machinery and recipes. Unlike most other custom map servers the world will be fully destructible, except nation's I'll explain this in combat. Fear, not my fellow builders all major cities will be restored weekly as if griefers had their way we wouldn't have the world for very long. This is mainly so that everyone can get a chance to explore the vast cities and for people to find the best angle to shoot a nuke at that epic skyscraper. Not only will there be a custom map to explore but countless NPCs to interact with. Some which will be aggressive and some friendly. By doing quests for them you can obtain rare resources, recepies and much more. Some cases befriend them and have them protect your factory.
With so many options to choose from, you will never run out of ways to take out the enemy. We have it all from explosive miniguns to C4 all the way to nuclear missiles. This pack has got elements of raiding and PVP. As mentioned above the world is fully destructible in order to make gameplay more immersive. Although the world is destructible this does not apply fully to nations. Factories will all be indestructible as it would be unfair to lose countless hours of hard work however, they can still be raided. To add to the penalty for failure to defend your nation, if the enemy captures your capital building everyone in that nation loses a certain % of their cash(depending on whether they are online and various other aspects). Unlike loot from raiding factories, all money obtained from the attack will be spread equally among those who launched the successful attack.
1)Do I have to join a nation?
No, you can build in the middle of nowhere if you so wish. However, this means that anyone will be able to raid you. Trading will become harder as you will have to gain trust with a nation before they allow you inside to purchase from their shops.
2)Will there be HQM
Depending on your guy's thoughts I may just add it. However, it will mainly be used to take on jobs to get some starting cash and equipment to start off. I am still deciding whether to use it for late game but I don't feel the need for it at the moment as I already have custom NPCs to add a storyline into the game.
3)Where the pictures at Gnome?
Would like to post pictures soon as it will give people a better idea of the pack. However, I'm still only on custom terrain and currently improving my cave system skills. Please, you must understand all my schematics(ie objects,like trees) are all custom made so it has taken me awhile. I would prefer to take pictures when I've improved my world painter skills and created a world that I'm satisfied with. However, If you really want some pictures early comment and I'll start focusing on structures so that you guys can see my style of building.
4)If your question is not listed here.
Comment down below and I'll try respond as soon as I can.

Modlist

Note that this is a very early list more mods will be added and some may get removed. If you would like me to add a mod comment down below but please give a reason why it would suit the pack. If you think a mod should be removed same applies comment down below with a reason. Keep in mind that all recipes will change so don't panic if u see an OP mod, I will make sure to balance everything.
A block of charcoal
Advanced generators
Advanced spawn control
Another one bites the dust
Applied Energistics 2
ArchitectureCraft
ArmorStatusHUD
Backpacks
Big reactors
Biomes O' plenty
Biome tweaker
Buildcraft
Call to battle the WWII mod
Carpenters blocks
Catwalks 2
Chisel
ComputerCraft
Crafting manager
Custom NPCs
Custom ore gen
Defense tech
Dynamic transport
Ender io
ExtraCells2
Fast leaf decay
Flans mod(Just modern guns for now.)
Flenix cities
Flenix roads
Galactic craft
Grappling hook
Immersive engineering
Immersive integration
Invisiblocks
Lonely Biome
Magneticraft(still deciding between this and Immersive)
Malisis doors
Mekanism
Minechem
Mine factory reloaded
Mine tweaker 3
Mob properties
Mod tweaker
Modular powersuits
More player models
Not enough items
NuclearCraft
Open computers
Open modular turrets
Periodic table mod
PneumaticCraft
Quadrum
Resource loader
RFDrills
RotaryCraft
Secret rooms
Simply jetpacks
Smart moving
Solar flux
Storage drawers
Techguns
Thermal dynamics
Thermal expansion
Thermal foundation
Zoom
Ztones

When can I join?

Sadly the pack will only be released, at the earliest, in December. Can't wait that long? Well, there is 2 ways you can obtain early access. First off you can be part of the test run where we test the gameplay of the pack and make sure everything runs smoothly. Everyone who helps in this testing phase will be given perks such as a beta tester title, a high rank in their chosen nation as well as a large sum of money to get you going early.

How can I be a part of this project?
As mentioned above you can become a beta tester. The other way is to become a DEV and help create this modpack. All devs who played a major role in the project, whether it is with ideas, coding or textures, will be given their own nation, a DEV title and in some cases admin! If you wish to be a DEV please fill out the following and send it to me over FTB messenger.
1. Age:
2. Choice of communication IE team speak,Skype, etc(Microphone is a requirement):
3. What skills do you have that you believe could help in such a project:
Now it wouldn't be fair if I didn't fill out the form for you guys to see what I can contribute to this project.
1.AGE: 18
2.Choice of communication:
I'm pretty much fine with anything ill go with any programme that works best for everyone.
3.What skills do I have that I believe could help in such a project:
-Really good at building.
-Have a lot of experience in developing economy modpacks as well as testing a few with friends such as the ferret business and Golem factory. This all has helped with knowing what people look for in such packs and what works well.
-Although I've never partaken in developing a warfare modpack I've been a part of some of the most popular allowing me to get a grasp of what makes a great one. My favourite being Infamy modern warfare.
-I have a vast knowledge in tech mods as I've been playing mod packs for almost 3 years.
-I have hosted multiple private and public servers. I also will be the host of this server (Will be purchasing server not running it on my own computer. I'm willing to put down a lot to make sure there is no lag.)
-I'm also good at Custom NPCs, world painter and making custom recipes.
-Have some custom mod skills and will be creating some unique ones for this pack.

Last edited:
Reactions: fowltief

walkastray007

Jul 29, 2019
I like Warfare (PvP), Economy based modpacks and slightly automation.I liked the idea i mixing The Ferret Business, Legitimate trading and unforgetably the common Pvp aspect, but all modpacks I made were considerably intact, but incomplete and utterly boring, so i quit doing so 2 years ago. This peaked my interest since I've never seen something that seemed promising enough to compete against one of my favorite modpacks, this of course being Golem Factory. It was an interesting idea but went downhill because it became too time consuming, but not only are probably adding in the golden trim of Golem Factory, but your adding in a faction system that i enjoy also. I would like to help the modpack and give it support. Also I'll put in a Dev/Beta tester application to nudge around the idea of helping it as much as possible.
===========================================================================================================
1. Age: 13
Please keep in mind that I think maturity is more important than age, and you can only see that personally.
*Also disclaimer if i do get into the team, I Sound/Act quite a bit older than whats stated as my Age
2. Choice Of Communication: I use multiple Platforms, which include, but not limited to Skype, Steam, Teamspeak, Curse, and Discord.
3. What Skills do I have that I believe could help in such a project:
- I'm Decent at building and know how to make things look prettier.
- I've played 3-4 years of modded minecraft, and i know what makes a good addition or what makes the gameplay more enjoyable.
- I'm patient and I can easily wait for anything, waiting a month for a modpack isn't as bad as waiting 10 months for school
- I've played and am playing multiple different types of Tech, Magic and fundamental support mods that affects the way the society of minecraft play the game
- Although I have played around with hosting servers on my computer, i have enough knowledge to maintain one, but I have trouble creating one.
- Even though it doesn't say on FTB, i'm really active and usually can be up from 3pm-10pm, so I'll be able to help enough to make progress in the Modpack
- I Always try to achieve above standards (except in social) to make good quality content and products
- I don't abandon projects just because its "hard" or it doesn't seem to be working out, I aim to make a successful local gaming experience for the FTB Fanbase and Developers
- Unlike in school, i work on online social skill, which means I'm open to talk to anyone whenever they feel like it.
- I've helped a bit in creating a different modpack in FTB, but the modpacks was postponed and is currently off schedule because we ALL lost interest creating it, even the original creator.
===========================================================================================================
Other things I would like to add:
- This was considerably longer than what you created for your resume. I would be sincerely disappointed if i were to be put down, I'd probably also question why.
- I don't want to get extra money in-game if i make it above your standards, since it would be an unfair advantage and create possible game unbalance.
- If I make it on the team, i would prefer a possible [Beta-Tester] or [Dev] tag in-game
- I would also advise a Admin Shop that gives out REALLY basic things. ex: Saplings, wood, cobblestone, building blocks, animal drops and food.
Or make them more expensive than trading with other players, just in case people aren't wanting to trade what they want
- If you do allow me in this Group, please keep in mind this is more of a professional environment that we should be in, if you say you're 18, please act so.
This means don't make really annoying comments or be a dastardly troll.... Please
- I can also see that from the last time you tried to make a pack like this, it failed quite miserably since it was replaced with this one.
- My Application probably has nearly the same amount of words of page I'm applying for, which for me is hilarious.

Last edited:
T

TheGnome

I like Warfare (PvP), Economy based modpacks and slightly automation.I liked the idea i mixing The Ferret Business, Legitimate trading and unforgetably the common Pvp aspect, but all modpacks I made were considerably intact, but incomplete and utterly boring, so i quit doing so 2 years ago. This peaked my interest since I've never seen something that seemed promising enough to compete against one of my favorite modpacks, this of course being Golem Factory. It was an interesting idea but went downhill because it became too time consuming, but not only are probably adding in the golden trim of Golem Factory, but your adding in a faction system that i enjoy also. I would like to help the modpack and give it support. Also I'll put in a Dev/Beta tester application to nudge around the idea of helping it as much as possible.
1. Age: 13
Please keep in mind that I think maturity is more important than age, and you can only see that personally.
*Also disclaimer if i do get into the team, I Sound/Act quite a bit older than whats stated as my Age
2. Choice Of Communication: I use multiple Platforms, which include, but not limited to Skype, Steam, Teamspeak, Curse, and Discord.
3. What Skills do I have that I believe could help in such a project:
- I'm Decent at building and know how to make things look prettier.
- I've played 3-4 years of modded minecraft, and i know what makes a good addition or what makes the gameplay more enjoyable.
- I'm patient and I can easily wait for anything, waiting a month for a modpack isn't as bad as waiting 10 months for school
- I've played and am playing multiple different types of Tech, Magic and fundamental support mods that affects the way the society of minecraft play the game
- Although I have played around with hosting servers on my computer, i have enough knowledge to maintain one, but I have trouble creating one.
- Even though it doesn't say on FTB, i'm really active and usually can be up from 3pm-10pm, so I'll be able to help enough to make progress in the Modpack
- I Always try to achieve above standards (except in social) to make good quality content and products
- I don't abandon projects just because its "hard" or it doesn't seem to be working out, I aim to make a successful local gaming experience for the FTB Fanbase and Developers
- Unlike in school, i work on online social skill, which means I'm open to talk to anyone whenever they feel like it.
- I've helped a bit in creating a different modpack in FTB, but the modpacks was postponed and is currently off schedule because we ALL lost interest creating it, even the original creator.
Other things I would like to add:
- This was considerably longer than what you created for your resume. I would be sincerely disappointed if i were to be put down, I'd probably also question why.
- I don't want to get extra money in-game if i make it above your standards, since it would be an unfair advantage and create possible game unbalance.
- If I make it on the team, i would prefer a possible [Beta-Tester] or [Dev] tag in-game
- I would also advise a Admin Shop that gives out REALLY basic things. ex: Saplings, wood, cobblestone, building blocks, animal drops and food.
Or make them more expensive than trading with other players, just in case people aren't wanting to trade what they want
- If you do allow me in this Group, please keep in mind this is more of a professional environment that we should be in, if you say you're 18, please act so.
This means don't make really annoying comments or be a dastardly troll.... Please
- I can also see that from the last time you tried to make a pack like this, it failed quite miserably since it was replaced with this one.
- My Application probably has nearly the same amount of words of page I'm applying for, which for me is hilarious.

Thank you for applying I will contact you over FTB. As for the dwarven pack I made, it did not actually fail "miserably". I ended up creating it with 4 other people. If you wish to see the pack send me a message on FTB. However, I realised that it lacked personal touches such as custom recipes or map(was just a default map raised 100 blocks). It was your simple everyday mass produced pack. It was fun for a few days but after awhile it just got boring, to be completely honest that's not the type of pack I want to publish. I want to create a pack that can be enjoyed by all through countless hours of gameplay. After that, I decided to scrap the idea and start new. Now that I also have a bit more time on my hands I decided to retry. Since I created this page I've been working heavily on improving my skills with minetweaker+modtweaker and have already created 100+ recipes. I've selected a few texturepacks which could really enhance gameplay but not cause to much fps lag. Even more recently I've been teaching myself on how to better my worldpainter skills. Even at the moment, I'm working on the custom map for the server. I've almost got my first official modlist and will probably post it soon so that I can get feedback from other users on what to add or remove. As you must realise by now I've learnt from previous mistakes. I will continue to work hard the reach the standard I have promised.

T

TheGnome

Some terrain I have done so far, feel free to express any critique you may have.
upload_2017-3-30_20-25-27.png

upload_2017-3-30_20-22-21.png

upload_2017-3-30_20-22-40.png

upload_2017-3-30_20-23-18.png

upload_2017-3-30_20-23-57.png

T

TheGnome

I am regretful to inform everyone that this project has been put on hold. The reason being lack of intrest from the community leading to it being hard to find the motiovation to complete the pack. However, I would still like to see it completed and if you do to please send feedback or comments you may have on the pack. If enough people want to see the pack completed i will continue the project.