[1.7.10]Untamed Chaos v1.6 [Updated July 21st]

BioMasterZap

Jul 29, 2019
fMBGWlb.png

Welcome to Untamed Chaos! This is a 1.7.10 Mod Pack made by myself with help from the Crystal Alliance. It features over 100 mods with a focus on Tech and Magic, with both being able to do many of the same things. The pack is focused more on fun than difficulty; you may struggle a bit in the early game, but as you gain more resources and progress the early game dangers should be easy to deal with. There is no one progression to follow in the pack and you are open to play how you want to play, but many of the mods have been balanced to be more even and feel more connected.

Pack Info:
Mod List- v1.6
-Learn to harness magic with Blood Magic, Botania, and Thaumcraft.
-Build machines and automate your world with Buildcraft, Thermal Expansion, MineFactory Reloaded, Mekanism, and ComputerCraft.
-Explore challenging Doomlike Dungeons and other realms like the Twilight Forest and The Erebus.
-Craft powerful weapons and tools with Tinker's Construct and mystical artifacts Reliquary.
-Store and sort your items more easily with Iron Chests, JABBA, Storage Drawers, Refined Relocation, and Applied Energistics 2.
-More diverse blocks and choices for building with Chisel 2, Carpenter's Blocks, Microblocks, and the Block Mixer.
-Many other useful mods like Liquipacks, Crystal Wings, Useful Pets, Waypoints, Enchvil, Luppii's Ladders, and AppleCore.
-Battle a more challenging Enderdragon and make yourself the powerful Dragon Armor!
-Custom features like Manyullyn Armor, Bedrockium Apples, Armor Set Effects, and the Rare Drop Table.
-Many Improvements and tweaks to Chest Loot, Recipes, and Mob Drops.

Downloads:
FTB Pack Code- UntamedChaos
Changelog- See Minecraft Forum post for Changelogs.

Notes:
Issues- If you experience any crashes, please post it here. Below is a list of issues we are currently aware of and current solutions.
-[Gamebreaking]The Auto-Chisel block can cause world-breaking crashes. It may be connected to chisels from More Chisels, but more testing is needed. To fix this, you will need to edit the Auto-Chisel block out of the world with MC Edit or such.
-Teleporting with Waypoints can cause crashing. It may be linked to things that modify position, like flight; using Modular Powersuits with Jetpack and Flight Control modules seems to cause this. The world should work fine on reload.
-There is a rare chance that opening chests in Doomlike Dungeons will cause a crash. The cause is unknown, but it is suspected to be related to higher tier chests. After reloading, everything should be fine and the chest can be opened just fine.
-Using Seeker or Ender Bullets with the Handgun from Reliquary can cause a crash if it tracks mobs around portals. It is suggested that you avoid using that weapon near portal, but the world will load fine after a restart.
Credits- This mod pack is made by the Crystal Alliance. See below for a full list of contributors.
Crystal Alliance:
-BioMasterZap: Lead Design, SSP Testing, Config Changes, Mod/Pack Updates
-TheOldOne: Feedback, SMP Testing, Config Assistance
-Tmtravlr: Textures, Feedback, Testing, More Textures
-Neros: Feedback, Testing
-Purple Chaos: Original Concept, Feedback
-Father Toast:

Other:
-Akitori: NBT Help

Last edited:

BioMasterZap

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated the post for the v1.1 update. I will be submitting it to FTB shortly and it should be on the launcher within a few days.

BioMasterZap

Jul 29, 2019
Why no Witchery???
There are a few reason why Witchery, and other popular mods, weren’t included in this pack. The first reason is familiarity; there are a lot of mods in the pack that I don't know too well, mainly the magic mods. So I tried to stick to mods that myself, and the other Alliance members, had knowledge of and I believe none of us really know too much about Witchery.

The main reason though is redundancy. Untamed Chaos is somewhat of a kitchen sink pack, but it is meant to be more refined. I try to avoid having mods with conflicting mechanics and lore as well as too many ways to do the same thing. This is more easily seen with Tech mods as they can often repeat machines; This is also why Ender IO wasn't included, because Thermal and Mek came first and they all had a lot of the same content.
In fact, Botania was a later addition to the pack and was only added because other mods were cut and I felt magic needed more of a presence due to all the tech. The thing with magic mods is they tend to lack the same unison that tech mods have; and by that I mean tech mods, while different, tend to use the same power and similar mechanics and in general just work together well. I somewhat question if Thaumcraft, Blood Magic, and Botania should all be used in the same pack; so added Witchery on top of that could have caused more issues and/or added more redundancies.

I could go into more explanations and details, but this post is probably already longer than you were expecting. I have nothing against Witchery, or Ender IO and other popular mods not included, but I just didn't feel like they were needed in this pack. That being said, since they weren’t included in this pack, I am more likely to add them into future packs I make since I would love to try them more.

PlayStsrtRestsrt

Jul 29, 2019
There are a few reason why Witchery, and other popular mods, weren’t included in this pack. The first reason is familiarity; there are a lot of mods in the pack that I don't know too well, mainly the magic mods. So I tried to stick to mods that myself, and the other Alliance members, had knowledge of and I believe none of us really know too much about Witchery.

The main reason though is redundancy. Untamed Chaos is somewhat of a kitchen sink pack, but it is meant to be more refined. I try to avoid having mods with conflicting mechanics and lore as well as too many ways to do the same thing. This is more easily seen with Tech mods as they can often repeat machines; This is also why Ender IO wasn't included, because Thermal and Mek came first and they all had a lot of the same content.
In fact, Botania was a later addition to the pack and was only added because other mods were cut and I felt magic needed more of a presence due to all the tech. The thing with magic mods is they tend to lack the same unison that tech mods have; and by that I mean tech mods, while different, tend to use the same power and similar mechanics and in general just work together well. I somewhat question if Thaumcraft, Blood Magic, and Botania should all be used in the same pack; so added Witchery on top of that could have caused more issues and/or added more redundancies.

I could go into more explanations and details, but this post is probably already longer than you were expecting. I have nothing against Witchery, or Ender IO and other popular mods not included, but I just didn't feel like they were needed in this pack. That being said, since they weren’t included in this pack, I am more likely to add them into future packs I make since I would love to try them more.

Oh alright I understand... would have been nice though! :D[/QUOTE]

Lellson

Jul 29, 2019
I found some Bugs. The game crashes if you place an Ender Tank from Ender Storage. Updating or downgrading the Mod doesn't work for me. I think it's a problem with the Forge version. Also Lycanites Mobs crashes for me, after playing a bit in my Singleplayer world. I updated the mod and it worked fine.

BioMasterZap

Jul 29, 2019
I found some Bugs. The game crashes if you place an Ender Tank from Ender Storage. Updating or downgrading the Mod doesn't work for me. I think it's a problem with the Forge version. Also Lycanites Mobs crashes for me, after playing a bit in my Singleplayer world. I updated the mod and it worked fine.
Huh, that is odd. I knew of issues with Ender Tanks, but that was only with newer versions of forge. I am not sure why the FTB version is crashing unless the Forge version or Ender Storage version were changed. Also, how does Lycanites crash? Either way, I do plan to work on the v1.3 soon with a bunch of mod updates (feel a bit behind...), so hopefully that will resolve these issues.

Lellson

Jul 29, 2019
I know now why Lycanites Mobs crashes on the old version. I found this on their website.
http://lycanitesmobs.com

2015-05-22

Lycanites Mobs versions 1.10.12.0 to 1.10.14.0 may now cause a crash (with JSON related errors) when a single world is started or when a player joins a server for the first time, this is due to the domain name change from lycanitesmobs.nephrite.uk to lycanitesmobs.com, the new version 1.11.0.0 is highly recommend, it is the most stable build yet and it, along with future updates wont have this domain name related crash ever, even if the domain name changes again or the website is down, etc.

For those whoa re curious Lycanites Mobs uses the web server to get all Patreon supports of this mod in order to load their familiars and will also use it to check for new versions in the future too.

BioMasterZap

Jul 29, 2019
I know now why Lycanites Mobs crashes on the old version. I found this on their website.
http://lycanitesmobs.com

2015-05-22

Lycanites Mobs versions 1.10.12.0 to 1.10.14.0 may now cause a crash (with JSON related errors) when a single world is started or when a player joins a server for the first time, this is due to the domain name change from lycanitesmobs.nephrite.uk to lycanitesmobs.com, the new version 1.11.0.0 is highly recommend, it is the most stable build yet and it, along with future updates wont have this domain name related crash ever, even if the domain name changes again or the website is down, etc.

For those whoa re curious Lycanites Mobs uses the web server to get all Patreon supports of this mod in order to load their familiars and will also use it to check for new versions in the future too.
Oh, whoops. I saw that the other day, but assumed the v1.2 was still recent enough to avoid it. Seems I was mistaking it for another mod pack I was working on. Hopefully I will be able to get the v1.3 update out by the end of the month to fix this. It will mostly just be mod updates; lots and lots of mod updates >.>

BioMasterZap

Jul 29, 2019
It has been a while, but I've released another update for the mod pack. I plan to do one more update in a few months to get the last 1.7 mod updates before I stop supporting the pack.

lok0143

Jul 29, 2019
Just downloaded this pack and it gives an error when starting it up, Forge: minimum version required is 10.13.3 Can you give me an idea of how to update the forge version until it is fixed?

BioMasterZap

Jul 29, 2019
Just downloaded this pack and it gives an error when starting it up, Forge: minimum version required is 10.13.3 Can you give me an idea of how to update the forge version until it is fixed?
Oh, thanks for telling me about that. I guess I should have mentioned the forge version with the pack update... Hopefully I can get that fixed soon. I am not sure how to get around that in FTB; I'd also guess that Curse is the same since it was synched from FTB. It would probably be best to just wait for it to be fixed, but the MC forum post does have downloads for the ZIP file version of the pack.

BioMasterZap

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the pack updated to v1.5. This should fix the Forge issues on the Launcher versions of v1.4. Sorry for missing that.