[1.7.10][Unlisted] Hardcore/tech modpack: On The Edge (CurseVoice and FTB Launcher)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Hi all,

I just made a new hardcore/tech modpack on CurseVoice. This modpack is based around my mods RFTools and Deep Resonance and is intended to make the struggle for power more present. No big or easy powergeneration should be in the pack (if it is then I need to make changes still). RFTools has also been reconfigured to be slightly harder.

This pack is available on CurseVoice and on the FTB Launcher (pack code 'ontheedge').

You can read more about this pack here:
http://www.curse.com/modpacks/Minecraft/235179-on-the-edge

This is still beta! Mods can be added and/or removed. The current modlist is:

Modlist:

Support libs:
General:
Cosmetic and Worldgen:
Mobs:
Exploration:
Tools and Varia:
Tech:

Feedback is welcome of course. For now I only reconfigured rftools and a small bit of iguana tweaks but a lot more can be done (and probably has to be done).

Last edited:

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Just uploaded version 0.0.2beta of On The Edge with the following changes:

• Added Waila Harvestability
  • Added Waila Features
  • Added Random Things
  • Added AOBD
  • Reconfigured Deadly World silverfish veins to be less frequent and smaller
  • Reconfigured EnderZoo to reduce the frequency of Dire Slime spawns

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
This pack has just been made available on the FTB Launcher with pack code 'ontheedge'.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'm very interested in this. I like the idea of a tech mod pack without the real high end power generation seen in most typical packs now. When you get a server download available I'll give it a try. MIght be a good excuse for me try the old railcraft boiler setup again.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Would there be interest in a Patreon server running this modpack? I currently have a Patreon going at https://www.patreon.com/McJty

Given a sufficiently high pledge you could then be whitelisted on that server. If there is enough interest I might set something like this up.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
On The Edge has been updated to 0.1.1 beta with a few updates mods. Available on CurseForge and FTB Launcher. Enjoy!

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Question to people here. I'm having my doubts about Lycanites mobs in this modpack. Do you think I should keep it? I've had a number of crashes that I could not explain and they were in Lycanites code (but it was the java VM that was crashing which is weird). Also it does make the nether almost impossible and I know many people did not like me adding that mod. Perhaps I can replace it with an alternative mod that adds strong mobs that are not so insane?

Also I'd like to know how I can edit the cofhcore configs to reduce all the amounts of different ores (copper, tin and so on). Any hints on that?

Thanks

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I find that it seems to occur in the water. Other than that (and the excessive copper ore,) I'm enjoying the modpack so far.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I find that it seems to occur in the water. Other than that (and the excessive copper ore,) I'm enjoying the modpack so far.

Yes, the crash I got was also water released. Some Lycanite water mob trying to find something or so.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I built my main base by the water and haven't any crashes yet. It probably wasn't the smartest choice, but I felt like being belligerent and staking my claim near a river. However, when I added Lycanites to my personal pack recently, it caused lots of crashes for me so I removed it. Personally, I love the extra challenge Lycanites brings, along with the added randomness brought by the reaper and random events. On the other hand, tree farms create a very interesting set of problems now!

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Poked a bit at the Mobs category (under World) at Curse, and you've got most of top ones already. I can suggest stuff like Father Toast's lava mob which has a configuration for spawning depth of lava. RWTema's Dark Menagerie for interesting variations (but do edit out the Elephants as they're broken ATM.) AtomicStryker's Infernal Mobs for that "special hell reserved for you" touch, fully configurable. I've played a little with Aquatic Abyss, but I don't know how dangerous the sharks and sea serpents are.

I think I can attempt to make Twilight Forest mobs spawn out of their dimension, but I'd have to twiddle with Ender Zoo configs and SquidUtil is not very well documented. *looks at lfja*

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just noticed this pack for the first time, I feel like a doink.

Somehow I'm going to have to figure out a way to squeeze checking this out into my schedule.

Reactions: McJty

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Here is an update to On The Edge (0.2.0):

Update 0.2.0:
  • Updated AOBD
  • Updated Chisel
  • Updated Deep Resonance
  • Updated McJtyLib
  • Updated ElecCore
  • Updated MagneticCraft
  • Updated MalisisDoors
  • Updated RFDrills
  • Udpated Special Mobs
  • Added Infernal Mobs
  • Added Dark Menagerie
  • Removed Lycanites Mobs
  • Disabled duplicate oregen for Immersive Engineering
  • Disabled duplicate oregen + limestone for Magneticraft
  • Disabled duplicate oregen + limestone from Engineers Toolbox
  • Disabled duplicate oregen. Reduced veinsize of marble to 0 in bluepower
  • Disabled railcraft sulfur

Available on CurseVoice and on FTB Launcher with pack code 'ontheedge'

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Time to start a new world, I see. Here's to hoping that I don't get mobbed by Spriggans too often this time.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
The On The Edge modpack has been updated (version 0.3.0):

Update 0.3.0:
  • Updated BuildCraft
  • Updated Chisel
  • Updated ElecCore
  • Updated Deep Resonance
  • Updated McJtyLib
  • Updated RFTools
  • Updated Grimoire of Gaia
  • Updated Hardcore Ender Expansion
  • Updated Logistics Pipes
  • Updated Magneticraft
  • Updated Not Enough Wands
  • Updated Open Computers
  • Updated RFDrills
  • Added Gear Swapper
  • Added MineTweaker
  • Fixed recipe conflict with the iron trapdoor between malisis doors and magneticraft

You can get it on Curse and on FTB Launcher with the pack code 'ontheedge'

Have fun!