[1.7.10] Ultra Hostile

Sparhawk

Jul 29, 2019
Just when you thought it was safe to go back outside!

Take yourself back to the original Doom by id Software. Remember when you selected Nightmare level, and the game asked if you were sure? Nightmare was never even remotely fair. Well....

Welcome to Ultra Hostile!

Quite possibly the least fair pack I think I can come up with. In this pack, you WILL die. Daylight is no longer a safe timezone, the outdoors are no longer the paradise they once were. If you can survive, I'll take off my hat to you. This is those of you who find even hardcore Minecraft too easy. If you're a masochist in the Minecraft world, I'm sure you'll enjoy this also...

I offer you one consolation.

There is no shame in hiding.

This pack contains Fastcraft, by Player, enabled by default. Fastcraft enhances Minecraft with increased performance. Bug reports being made directly to Mod Authors should state Fastcraft is enabled.

Use the code UltraHostile.

This pack contains the following mods.

If you download this pack, I ask only one thing.

Have fun!

Please feel free to record your adventures on Youtube or livestream. Post a link to your channel if you do and I'll check it out. Keep an eye on my channel (link in my sig) for my playthough.

Last edited:

dingox3

Jul 29, 2019
I not sure what to think. It sounded like a challenge but there doesnt seem to be any NEI in the pack. In my opinion thats not hard its just annoying. I'll check back and try it again after its installed. (In the video you linked you seemed to have it installed.)

Sparhawk

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, not sure how I missed that. I'll include it and do an update as soon as I get a chance. The video you mentioned btw will be for a different series. I haven't recorded this one yet.

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
I don't see why anyone would record if they have nausea 95% of the time. What even causes it? It can't be elevation because it happens at sea level.

Sparhawk

Jul 29, 2019
At a guess I would say DiseaseCraft as it hasn't happened to me yet. Are you in a BoP biome? Might be something in there as well? If it happens too much maybe try the clear effects command. I hope it doesn't ruin the pack for you.

Alriandi

Jul 29, 2019
Not bad pack, though you have doubled up on the Thaumcraft NEI plugin files and you need to update NEI itself from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4 (no higher, I have already tested that on my end)

ALso I have gotten crashes before I could even load a map. I have added the crash log http://pastebin.com/BSKZRQxd

Last edited:

Sparhawk

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys,

First off thanks to everyone for the feedback so far, and I apologise for the issues, they should never have been allowed to happen. I want this pack to be hard, not impossible. Please keep an eye out for an update to the pack which should resolve this. I have removed Biomes o'Plenty as that seems to be the cause of the 90% nausea issue experienced by Gamebuster, and by me afterwards. I have also removed one of the Thaumcraft NEI plugins, still can't believe I managed to double up, and upgraded NEI itself. The update should hopefully be available on the FTB launcher in a couple of days or so.

Again, apologies for the issues, thanks for your patience and please keep the feedback coming.