[1.7.10] Udaldor's Shenanigans - A Large Magitech Modpack

Udaldor

Jul 29, 2019
pack%20logo%20ftb%20forum.png

Udaldor's Shenanigans, a large modpack with a variety of mods, focused on casual fun and many options
Hello all, I'm Udaldor, the creator of the pack. To be short, I'm a Youtuber and I post modded Minecraft videos.

I am very excited to announce that this modpack is finally out on the FTB Launcher. This is the modpack that I will be using for my Youtube Let's Play Series, but I definitely think that this pack offers something for everyone, whether you are making let's plays or not.
This modpack contains a large amount of mods. In here you'll find everything from tech mods like Ender IO and Thermal Expansion, magic mods like Thaumcraft and Blood Magic, to adventurous mods like Twilight Forest. Along with these themed mods there are many other miscellaneous mods as well, such as Compact Machines, Extra Utilities, Random Things and Crafting Pillars, to enhance the overall experience in various ways.

Current Version on the launcher: 1.0 - BETA

Pack Code:

udaldor1710
(and yes, there is a server pack available!)

Pack Changelog:

0.2 - Initial FTB release. No changes.
1.0 Beta - Loads of changes and updates. Changelog: http://pastebin.com/rVYWCppR
I plan on doing very detailed changelogs after the initial 1.0 release.

A complete list of mods in the pack can be found here! (outdated, working on it!

Mods I recommend you use if you have performance issues:

- Fastcraft by Player: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820 - OBSERVE THAT FASTCRAFT IS A WIP.

The list of mods is far from final, mods will be added and, if necessary, removed throughout the development of this pack. If you have any suggestions on mods that you think would fit well into this kind of pack, please, feel free to leave them. Of course, I can not add everyone's suggestions, but be sure, I look at every single one of them, and always consider things twice.

If you make videos regarding this modpack (let's plays, showcases or whatever), please feel free to post links to those here. I'll gladly add them to the thread for people to see them.

Do keep in mind that this pack is in beta. I still have a lot of work to do, and these are some things I constantly work on:

- finding bugs causing the game to crash
- fixing duplicates of various things
- increasing performance in different ways

Still, the pack is definitely playable, and I haven't found any big problems yet. If you want to help me test the pack further, or just play along as it develops, feel free to do so.

That said, what I really want from all of you, is feedback. The feedback is what will allow me to create a stable pack, and without any big problems, continuously, improve the overall experience.

If you have found any problems (bugs, crashes or similar) look here:
Information on posting bug reports:

1. If your game crashes:

- Do NOT post a crash log as a reply to the thread, instead use a service like pastebin to provide a crash report.
- Please provide as much information as possible of when and how the crash occurs. Does it happen when scrolling through NEI? Does it only happen in the nether? Does it only happen with the latest version of the pack? Any information like this really helps me figure out what causes the crash.
- If you have a fix, please describe it.

2. If you've found a bug within a certain mod that you can find information about elsewhere:
- Describe the bug.
- Provide a link to the page where you found the information about the bug.

3. If you've found a bug within a certain mod that you can NOT find any information about elsewhere:
- Provide as much information as possible regarding the bug, how it occurred etc.
- Please provide screenshots if possible (preferably through imgur.com)
A list of all currently known problems can be found here! Make sure you look here before posting a bug report!

Thank you all!

Udaldor

Last edited:

Udaldor

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.3 of the pack is in the works, and should be released within days now. There have been quite some changes to the pack since 0.2, mostly updates, but a few mods causing problems have also been removed, and a few new ones have been added. Stay tuned for a bigger changelog coming up.

Udaldor

Jul 29, 2019
Looks good, only thing I reccomend getting is HQM.
Adding HQM as in creating a set of quests for the pack? I have to say, I did think about that before publishing the pack, however, I will never have enough time to sit down and create all quests by myself. Maybe if someone offers to do so I'll consider it.
me downloading
dont remove project e whatever you do
Haha, Project E is staying, don't worry! I hope you'll enjoy the pack. :)

DZK90

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome modpack! Has all the mods that I like, and it works flawless(except Creative tab crashing, but I don't use those tabs anyways :p), it's incredible!

I would love to see Custom NPC's included, and it would even add some kind of immersion to your Let's Play Series, since the creator of the mod doesn't see a problem including this mod in modpacks:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1278956-custom-npcs
Like the creator says: "If you want to use it for a modpack, include a link to this thread"

I have added some mods to your modpack, here are some of them:

Custom NPC's - adds custom npc's
Cute Mob Models - replaces some of the ugly vanilla mobs for cute anime girls (lol)
Gravity Science - possibility to control gravity
OpenCCSensors - adds several sensors that can detect specific objects near you

Compact Solars Array - (I think this "Array" version of the mod is obsolete, since it was completely rewritten and now called "Compact Solars" only, from Advanced Machines, now using pure IC2 API, and the new version is also a "darn sight more CPU efficient")
Nuclear Control - adds an configurable LCD thermal monitor to use with IC2, an advanced information panel and some other things. (http://openeye.openmods.info/mod/ic2nuclearcontrol)
Animated-Blocks-Mod - the door and other objects have a smoother animation
Big Reactors - adds new types of glasses, turbines, reactors

Parachute Mod - parachute
Wall Jump Mod - you can climb walls (kinda)
Minecraft Comes Alive - replaces the dumb villagers (Requires RadixCore)
Malisis Doors - The best animated garage and industrial doors mod I ever found (Requires Malisis Core to work)

Fans Mod - adds fans to the game, so you don't need to use the old and slow water method to push mobs inside traps, for example.
More Pistons Mod - adds more pistons to the game, really useful sometimes!
Siren Mod - adds some sirens and alarms to the game
Spring Board Mod - adds some blocks that when you walk on them you automatically jump high

Laser Mod (I tried to add but doesn't worked 100% well)
TLHPoE Core - some mods require this
Gollum Core Lib - some mods require this

And a Resource Pack called "Cute Mob Models Sound Pack By Goxy287" which changes the vanilla male sounds from the mobs, so I can hear female sounds from the female mobs.

I would include here: "DragonAPI, ElectriCraft, ReactorCraft and RotaryCraft", but the developer is a complete copyright-copyright-copyright guy and a giant NO for modpacks and anything about altering a byte of his mods, so you can add those to the blacklist and any kind of mod developed by Reika Kalseki.

Some of the mods I need to research more or that I plan to add in the future for my personal usage:

Thaumic Exploration
Waila Harvestability
OpenPeripheralAddons
OpenPeripheralCore

enetbridge
iChunUtil
Morph Beta
Alarmcraft-Mod (Don't know if it's compatible with 1.7.10)

Blocks 3D Mod (Unfortunately it crashes with some non-vanilla glasses and/or grass elements, I'm trying to fix but no success yet.)

I would suggest you to create a colored all-in-one Excel document to manage all the mods, current versions, last version, if is stable, problems, conflicts with other mods and a blacklist(mod's that you tried but cant add to the modpack because of conflicts, problems or license) and some kind of wishlist(suggested mods by the community that maybe you want to implement in the future if possible), all in the same Excel file.

This is by far the best and most complete tech modpack I ever found before, thanks for your hard work!

Great channel btw, I like the 1080p60 and those little tutorials you do while playing, and not only tutorials or only plain gameplay, +1 subscriber!

Last edited:

Udaldor

Jul 29, 2019
This is by far the best and most complete tech modpack I ever found before, thanks for your hard work!
Great channel btw, I like the 1080p60 and those little tutorials you do while playing, and not only tutorials or only plain gameplay, +1 subscriber!

Wow! I am really thankful for the kind words. I'm really happy you're enjoying the pack.
Regarding the creative tab crashing, that will be fixed in the next version of the pack. Take a look at the bugs spreadsheet for more info on the bug and how to fix it.
Oh, and some of the mods you suggested look really cool. I'll make sure to look into them all more.
Again, THANKS!

Reactions: DZK90

Udaldor

Jul 29, 2019
New video airs on my channel today at 3 PM GMT. Pack update within a few weeks! :)

Udaldor

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the new episode of Shenanigans. Talking about the pack and the series, along with world exploring, is on today's agenda!

M

minecraftjunky28

it is a good pack you have put up, but why no big reactors?